Problem: Scanning and viewing terrestial channels

vidiot

Hello

I bought a AirStar 2 DVB-T PCI-card with the DVBViewer TE version and have uppdated the driver and software to 4.3.0 version. I have not been able to get a picture to the TV; instead of videoclips are running OK.

Enviroment: OS: Win XP SP2 fin, MediaPlayer 9, DirectX 9.0c, P4 2,4 Ghz, 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 9800. And my location is in Finland.

AirStar 2 seems to work properly; signal quality is between 89-94% and BER-value is acceptable.

Description of problems:

1. When starting DVBViewer, sometimes the signal cuts off immediately (Sig.Qual: 0%, Out of Lock) and I get a DVBViewer Error: "Can not set tunerstatus (wrong settings, error 0x90010115 (Unknown error code)".

2. When scannig TV channels, red PAT- and PMT-bars change into green when a channel has been found but the SDT- bar never. Application seems to find channels properly but the naming is extraordinary. For example: instead of "YLE TV1", the name is shown "LE TV1engYLEYLE TV1sweYLE". This is somehow related to the languages, I believe.

3.When doubleclicking a channel in the channellist or pressing "Next Channel" button, the application turns to behave unstable. The operating system gives announcement, that DVBViewer doesn't answer. Sometimes I have had to close the application from the Task Manager, because the process has been left on and runs in the backgroung. At the same time with a crash, an error message has been stored to a log file in the DVBViewerTE folder. Depending on what the user has done, messages are: "Date/time EZeroDivide raised by instance tvChannels of class TTreeView at 01BF241A:Gleitkommadivision durch Null" or "Date/time EZeroDivide raised by instance tmrTune of class TTimer at 0C86241A:Gleitkommadivision durch Null"

Can anyone help me?

Bert