Recurring recording on program name rather than time

paul.lawwave@gmail.com

Hi,

I have just migrated from Windows Media Center to DVBViewer. With Media Center you can set a recurring recording based on the program title rather than the title at a specific time. You can also set it to record the program title even if it is on different channels. If the program repeats an episode you can set it to record all instances or only the first time the specific episode is played.

Is there any way of doing this with DVBViewer?

Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

I have had DVBViewer for quite a few years now, but only started to use the search function a few weeks ago. The suite of programmes is very powerful, but it can be a bit daunting to learn all of the functionality!

I agree but I personally think the Recording Service is worth the time spent (for many other reasons than the Search function).

There are some pretty advanced search options. I don't use them.
If you have episode numbers in the Title (or Subtitle) like Mythbusters (25) on Discovery Channel HD and want to record all episodes, just do:
1) Select Discovery Channel HD in "Channel Selection"
In "Search presets"
2) "Name"=Mythbusters
3) "Add to Auto-Record search"=checked
4) "Check against"/"Timer Name"=checked
5) click save
For me this works pretty well.
Edited by Delphi

I know when I started, the probelm was that I had no idea what the recording service did!! There didn't seem to be an beginners guide to give an overview of how it all fits together. Is there a beginners guide? If there is I think it should be pinned on the Newbies forum.

I know the wiki is there, but that takes each menu and button and explains what they do rather than give you the order that they should be done in. The learning curve is quite steep.