Migrating from W7 WMC to W10 DVB Pro/GE

Hotrod69

With the demise of WMC in W10, like many, I am migrating to DVBViewer.

My only interest is in receiving the UK FreeSat channels as listed here : http://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/28.2E/freesat.php?274/65534

After many Scan attempts there are still a number of channels that do not appear on my listing :

BBC2 HD

CBBC HD

BBC4 HD

NHK WORLD HD

More4

BBC2 Wales

BBC R3

BBC R4

BBC R Wales

I have read the ( much ) earlier posts on the topic of Freesat and wondered if there was a more up-to-date set of instructions aimed at UK Freesat users ?

I am sure that this issue will arise more frequently with the migration to W10.

My card is a BGT3595 running on an i7 machine. These channels did show up in WMC and in some other front ends that I've tried.

( also I can receive the Astra Ultra HD test transmissions, albeit with stutter ( the card isn't 4K rated ) )

If it helps, I can see all of those FreeSat channels in DVBViewer (using a different DVB-S2 card) so there's nothing wrong with the program itself. Did you try a second/third scan to see if it picks them up? Did you scan for them in DVBViewer or use TransEdit? (I usually just scan in the program itself but TransEdit may find the missing ones for you.)

Edited by SimonP

With the demise of WMC in W10, like many, I am migrating to DVBViewer.

My only interest is in receiving the UK FreeSat channels as listed here : http://www.satellite-calculations.com/DVB/28.2E/freesat.php?274/65534

After many Scan attempts there are still a number of channels that do not appear on my listing :

BBC2 HD

CBBC HD

BBC4 HD

NHK WORLD HD

More4

BBC2 Wales

BBC R3

BBC R4

BBC R Wales

I have read the ( much ) earlier posts on the topic of Freesat and wondered if there was a more up-to-date set of instructions aimed at UK Freesat users ?

I am sure that this issue will arise more frequently with the migration to W10.

My card is a BGT3595 running on an i7 machine. These channels did show up in WMC and in some other front ends that I've tried.

( also I can receive the Astra Ultra HD test transmissions, albeit with stutter ( the card isn't 4K rated ) )

You probably know this already, but BBC Four time shares with CBeebies and BBC Three time share with CBBC, so depending on the time you look at the channel at, you will see kids stuff or grown up stuff but never the two!

Have you been able to get other channels from the same transponder? If not, you may be using an out-of-date transponder list. If so, you can enter the tuning details manually. There has been a lot of movement on transponders in the last few months, so you can check the tuning details here. This list is constantly updated.

You probably know this already, but BBC Four time shares with CBeebies and BBC Three time share with CBBC, so depending on the time you look at the channel at, you will see kids stuff or grown up stuff but never the two!

Have you been able to get other channels from the same transponder? If not, you may be using an out-of-date transponder list. If so, you can enter the tuning details manually. There has been a lot of movement on transponders in the last few months, so you can check the tuning details here. This list is constantly updated.

Seems unlikely as the BBC HD transponder hasn't changed since February 2014, unless the OP is using an old hacked or OEM version of DVBViewer. I can receive all those channels, op you should try and scan in transedit, checking the transponder details all match up to those on kingofsat.

Edited by dvbrewer

Thanks to all for the feedback and suggestions.

I have scanned several times using the 'scanning' option. All produced the same result with the missing channels.

Finally, tonight I tried again with the ' Free to Air only ' checkbox unticked. Behold, all the missing channels appeared ( in addition to the sky encrypted channels ). :original:

So problem solved, not sure of the reasons though ?

How odd! I always scan with 'Free to air only' set so that may explain why I didn't see it. Strange that you're seeing the encrypted channels though, I don't. Are you sure they're not left over from previous scans? Try deleting the scan(s) and starting again to be sure.

The encrypted channels come up in the scan ( eg Sky, BT ) but of course there is a blank screen if one tries to tune. So just delete the encrypted ones. As far as I can see at the moment ( I am a newbie ) there is no method for a mass deletion so it needs to be done one at a time ( I stand to be corrected of course ).