Changing channels to fast through DVB RS

MadsBakholt

Hi there,

In the past, about a year ago, I managed to setup DVBViewer RS on my server(where the TBS Quad Tuner card is installed) together with [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] 0.6.2.0... it worked flawlessly.

Last week I re-installed the server and installed latest and greatest of DVBViewer Pro and DVBViewer RS together with [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] 0.6.2.0... it's almost broken now! :(

After hours and hours of debugging I've observed the following:

- DVBViewer directly on the hardware and [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] works flawlessly with fast channel switching...

- DVBViewer through RS and [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] get lost during fast channel switching and DVBViewer stops working...

Now... [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] comes with a monitor where you can send a "Rescan channel" and here's the flaw: after having switched channels a bit it seems that DVBViewer RS and [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] is out of sync - rescanning channels in [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] Monitor reveals that [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] believes it's still decoding channel "X" while DVBViewer is believing it's on channel "Y"...

No matter how many times I switch channel in DVBViewer it's somehow not communicated to [ removed, violating forum rule §13 ] and the're out of sync until I shut DVBViewer down...

Now... this is ONLY an issue in DVBViewer through DVBViewer RS on the same powerfull server*(Quad Xeon, SSD, etc.)... if DVBViewer gets to access the tuner HW directly, no problems what so ever...

Please advise to me what to do... this setup is essential for my purchase and choice of DVBViewer last year...

Hi there,

It seems that I breaked the rules in here - take two! ;)

---

Hi there,

In the past, about a year ago, I managed to setup DVBViewer RS on my server(where the TBS Quad Tuner card is installed) together with a stream decryption plugin, version 0.6.2.0... it worked flawlessly.

Last week I re-installed the server and installed latest and greatest of DVBViewer Pro and DVBViewer RS together with the stream decryption plugin, version 0.6.2.0... it's almost broken now! :(

After hours and hours of debugging I've observed the following:

- DVBViewer directly on the hardware and the stream decryption plugin works flawlessly with fast channel switching...

- DVBViewer through RS and the stream decryption plugin gets lost during fast channel switching and DVBViewer stops working...

Now... the stream decryption plugin comes with a monitor where you can send a "Rescan channel" and here's the flaw: after having switched channels a bit it seems that DVBViewer RS and the stream decryption plugin is out of sync - rescanning channels in stream decryption plugin Monitor reveals that the stream decryption plugin believes it's still decoding channel "X" while DVBViewer is believing it's on channel "Y"... the plugin is not called with the channel in subject!

No matter how many times I switch channel in DVBViewer it's somehow not communicated to the stream decryption plugin and the're out of sync until I shut DVBViewer down or performs a "Rebuild PlayBack"(but only in 50% of the times this works)...

Now... this is ONLY an issue in DVBViewer through DVBViewer RS on the same powerfull server*(Quad Xeon, SSD, etc.)... if DVBViewer gets to access the tuner HW directly, no problems what so ever...

Please advise to me what to do... this setup is essential(multi-room solution) for my purchase and choice of DVBViewer last year...

Please find attached the support.zip file according to board rules...support.zip

---

I got the same setup working with 4 tuners and the latest DVBViewer and Recording Service.

Its a configuration issue :-)

Edited by VinoRosso
§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules