Windows 10 display oversaturated

twosheds

I've used DVBViewer for several years and never really had any trouble with it until now. I recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and after installing DVBViewer I noticed that the colours are oversaturated. Adjusting the Brightness,Saturation,Contrast settings make absolutely no difference to the video. I've checked & updated my video drivers to the latest available and also re-installed version 5.5.2 of DVBViewer but it has made no difference.

Im running the 64bit version of Windows Pro using Intel HD Graphics via an HDMI connector on the motherboard.

All other apps (VLC etc.) on my machine play video perfectly with normal levels of saturation.

Can anyone help ?

EDIT I recorded the live channel and replayed the recording. Perfect colours in VLC but oversaturated in DVBViewer.

Edited by twosheds

Hi twosheds,

try to change Video Renderer (Settings / Options / DirectX)

and - If you already are using it - uninstall/reinstall LAV filters...

:bye:

(...ehm... Griga sorry for see too late your answer...)

Edited by Gioxy

Thanks for your suggestions but neither worked.

I booted my machine into 64-bit Windows 7 (my machine is set up to dual boot) and the DVBViewer image is perfect with all video decoder settings set to 'LAV video decoder' and the renderer set to 'EVR Custom Renderer'. All Custom Rendering settings are unticked. I've tried these settings in Windows 10 and the image is still oversaturated.

...not the EVR Custom Renderer!

Griga,

I've tried the EVR Enhanced Video Renderer and there's no difference.

My point in referring to the custom renderer is that I was trying the settings that give a perfect picture in Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now resolved my problems. It was due to incorrect Intel HD driver settings and had nothing at all to do with DVBViewer nor the LAV filters.

My thanks and apologies :blush: to those who tried to help me.