SkyStar 2 tv pci

zerojee

Hi everyone, I am a Definate Newbie and I need your help.

I just purchased a new Technisat SkyStar 2 TV PCI Card and installed it inot my Pentium 4 2.4 ghz; 512 MB Ram Running Windows Xp Pro w/all service packs and updates. machine. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 Video capture card. Just like anyone I was very excited to get the cared and install it. I connected it to a Dish 500 dual feed antenna connected to position one (the side that reads 119W) Bought new RG6 cable (100 ft) and connected directly to my card with all software installed to instruction specs. I ampretty sure my dish is pointed in the correct way after folling many pointing directions ,Azimuth and free to air angles. Only problem is I am getting absolutely no signal :unsure: I have tried numerous angles and reinstallation of software and everything.

Please Please Help me, I am at wits end and I hope and know it is probably something simple that a Veteran can help me with...thanks!

Oh yes I am from Cleveland , Ohio USA

did you try everything with a standalone (digital) receiver in order to try if theres a sígnal?

sure you have a highband lnb?

maybe the cable (100ft = 30m) is too long... ?

Thanks so much for the reply,

I am using an Dish Network 500 dual lnb Dish Pro LNBF and dish. I just purchased another digital LNB from Radio Schack and could not get signal with that either. I was using an Echostar 3000 reciever to try and get a signal and I cannot get a signal lock with the reciever either. Will try shortenning the cable length but cable supposed to work up to 200' according to dish network.

Thanks again friend, please keep giving this Newbie your merciful replies :unsure: