Change to new computer

PerryM

I am upgrading my processor & motherboard and the system hdd, so effectively a new computer. I will reinstall the current tuner. What is the quickest way to install DVBViewer Pro on the new system to keep my current set-up? Both systems are running in Win 10.

One month ago I had the same hardware upgrade.

I just downloaded the newest DVBViewer version from the customer area.

In the setup procedure was an option to keep the existent settings.

This worked ok for me and even my channel lists and favorites were kept!

I've found the simplest way is to just copy the two folders containing the DVBViewer stuff and it should come back exactly as before:

C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer

and

C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer

(This applies to Windows 7, it should be the same for later versions. Leave out the (x86) part if you're running 32 bit Windows and that folder doesn't exist.)

Edited by SimonP

Good luck. I should add that I install the same version first, then copy the folders back on top. This may be necessary in case of registry entries but I think simply copying the folders will work and I'm very grateful to the devs for not using the registry much as it makes this possible. (Using the registry for user-installed programs was one of the worst ideas in the history of Windows IMHO.)

Didn't work for me. To be honest, I didn't try very hard because I was overdue a rescan! Anyways - it is all up and running well again.

My new hardware doesn't seem to want to make an RS recording from 'Hibernate' but it works fine from 'Sleep'. I assume this is a setting somewhere - maqybe in the BIOS? Any advice appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Well - a few weeks on and everything is working well except for one rather nasty show stopper. Sometimes, maybe one timer setting in 10, the recording drops out. It restarts itself, but of course I have lost a chunk of the program. I have found no logic in these events. The support zip is attached.

Any ideas appreciated.

For some reason the RS got corrupted or no data from the TV card driver.

05.02.16 20:31:31.521 ParseSI Bad CRC

05.02.16 20:34:23.062 ParseSI Bad CRC

05.02.16 20:36:43.785 TRecording ($011EFAD0) Tick No data within one minute, restarting!

That can have many reasons. Reception problems, problems in the cable or the connectors, a other TV application assessing the TV card driver, a driver with problems after standby ...

I'm going to try turning off the 'restart recording if no data for 60 secs' and see what happens. It obviously might be a good while before I come back!

thanks for the thoughts.