No HTPC main window?

Kjeldsen

Hi I have just purchased the pro after trying the Demo.

I have used WMC for some years, but will now try DVBViewer.

When I start DVBViewer it starts directly in TV mode. If I choose full screen I cant directly change channels, like I can without full screen (all the buttons in the top disappears, and only the ones in the bottom shows.

Another thing is that I can't seem to get DVBViewer in HTPC mode like the demo video shows. What am i doing wrong.

Edited by Kjeldsen

In the DVBViewer live TV playback ist the "main screen". You can open OSD pages. But back gets you back to live TV.

Her are some key to enter OSD pages:

OSD-OK [Return] > MiniEPG

OSD-Menu [Esc] > OSD menu

OSD-Yellow [F7] > OSD channe list

OSD-Blue [F8] > OSD Context menu > Help (key bindings for the current OSD page)

to see more or change them or program a remote control.

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Options_Input

other OSD skins (mostly change the look but not the behaviour)

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/forum/55-osd-skins-deen/

If you prefer tu use the DVBViewer with the mouse there are options to.

Thanks again. It seems to be a much better "machine" than windows media centre. But I just love how the my logitech gyromouse interacts with the windows media center. It seems to be very hard to use the mouse in DVBViewer media center mode.

I will have to research a little more and download the editor and try some skins.

I will also try to see how DVBViewer works as a backend for KODI. I hope DVB-T EPG over the air will work in KODI. Jriver and mediaportal have very bad support for over the air EPG for danish channels. WMC and DVBViewer is the only one to support that.

Edited by Kjeldsen

To use the mouse in the OSD, activate Options > OSD > Use mouse sensitive areas.

Then you can open the channel list with a kick on the left site of the video image.

A click on the right part opens the OSD menu. And the bottom part the MiniEPG.

Then you should configure one mouse button in the driver as third mouse button.

It will then work as back/leave the OSD button

And the mouse wheel scrolls through menus and changes the volume.

I have already done almost all of this, except that I do not get the miniEPG and it's quite hard to hit the menus in media center mode, eventhough I have Use mouse sensitive areas active. It does not lock very easy, and if I move the mouse to make it active, it often scrolls fast down the menues.

You can disable Options > OSD General > Enable mouse hot tracking in OSD.
And only use the mouse wheel to scroll through the menu.

And you can change the click areas in the video image with the (start menu > DVBViewer Tweaker).

But the OSD is not mouse focused. So you can only open the selected entry of a menu and not other visible entry's.

Thanks - I will try that.

Everything work really great with DVBViewer as client. It's only the front end, that doest not need my demands.

I could live with DVBViewer only, but the other in the family will think it's to hard to navigate.

• 2 weeks later...