“Favourites based OSD navigation” tweak bugged on 5.6.1?

In my old configuration I've had the number keys set to refer to the Favourite channels in the Input options and "Favourites based OSD navigation" has been tagged. This way the Mini-EGP and number keys have both refered to the favourite channel numbers.

With the current version (5.6.1) it seems to me that if "Favourites based OSD navigation" is tagged the Mini-EGP up/down changes Favourite channels as expected, but numbers (1, 2 etc. on the remote) point to channel numbers, not the favourite channel numbers. If "Favourites based OSD navigation" is not tagged, the opposite happens, now the Mini-EGP up/down changes the channel numbers and the number keys refer to the favourite channels.

However, if the change from the Input configuration the number keys to refer to the actual channel numbers and have the "Favourites based OSD navigation" tagged, what actually happens is that the number keys now point to the favourite channels, not the actual channel numbers.. Thus it seems, that the tweak inverts the Input settings between the channel numbers and the favourite numbers.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/57879-DVBViewer-560/?p=443314

• Change: Favorites: The tweak “Favorites based OSD navigation” (see Tweaker.exe) now also swaps the meaning of the number actions, so that Channel0...Channel9 are used for favorite number input and Fav0...Fav9 for channel number input.

DVBViewer now configures automatically what you have configured manually. So just re-configure your input settings back to the default (again manually, sorry for inconvenience), and it should work as desired.

• 5 weeks later...

I've just updated from 5.3.1.0 to 5.6.2.0. Have to reprogram my remote control program 0-9 keys. Strange for favourites :

Fav+ and Fav- still needs to press SHIFT.

For numeric Favs shift not needed.

This is definitely a bug, not a misconfiguration. If its intentional the question is : do we really need this new feature?

Edited by madsilence

Please be more specific:

Fav+ and Fav- still needs to press SHIFT.

Which keys are you using (except shift)? Do you use the tweak “Favorites based OSD navigation” or not?

When the tweak is switched on it simply works with arrow up/down. IMO there is no bug, rather a misconfiguration or misunderstanding.

Griga

Talking about favourites with "Favourites based OSD navidation" on 5.6.2.0 :

-Favourites numbers on keyboard are 0 to 9, no SHIFT needed (I have to reconfigure remote button press)

-FAV+ and FAV- are SHIFT+ Corresponding Arrow on keyboard (I have NOT to reconfigure remote button press)

This is how it really works now in 5.6.2.0.

Its just about the logic. In older versions I need to press SHIFT+[smth] to manage favourites and no SHIFT only [smth] for the general list. The question is : why are you changing these happy working small things?

[smth]=0..9 and UP/DOWN arrows

Edited by madsilence

Strange. The DVBViewer default setup does not use shift + arrow up/down at all, only shift + arrow left/right for jumping backward / forward in a file. And there are no keys assigned to favourite plus / minus. However, if the tweak is enabled, arrow up/down are used for favourite plus / minus instead of channel plus / minus.

AFAIK it has not been changed for years, so I guess it's your setup that has gone wrong somehow. Please check Options -> Input. If you want to return to the default setup you can remove or rename the Remotes folder in the DVBViewer configuration folder while DVBViewer is closed. It will be recreated with the default settings on next start.

why are you changing these happy working small things?

Nobody did.

default setup does not use shift + arrow up/down at all, only shift + arrow left/right for jumping backward / forward in a file. And there are no keys assigned to favourite plus / minus

Sorry for the mess. Seems I assigned these keys myself when setting up my remotes long ago and now thought these was incorporated. My bad.

Edited by madsilence