Panasonic CX700 DVB-over-IP and RS - no signal

Hello,

Firstly, I am assuming that SAT>IP and DVB-over-IP as available on my TV are the same thing...

I am trying to make my TV, the Panasonic CX700, a DVB-over-IP client to Recording Service running on Windows 8.1 with Skystar 2 HD DVB-S card powering a motorized dish with single LNB. I have installed both the latest version of DVBViewer Pro and RS and run it with default settings...

When I go into DVB-over-IP configuration on Panasonic, RS server is recognized as serving DVB-S tuner signal but when I go to search for channels (Astra 19.2 is set as AA in Panasonic), there is no signal from default transponder, also the search lasts only 10 seconds with no channels found...

I know I can probably only have one satellite with my setup (or does DVB-over-IP work with motorised dish? - guess not), so I have rotated the motor to 19.2 and set all DiseqC options in DVBViewer Pro settings to "none", (but also tried "PosA/OptA") so that motor doesn't turn, but still no signal from LNB on Panasonic...there is signal and picture in DVBViewer of course...

When I run the SAT>IP DVBViewer client on Windows, I get the picture, but I am not sure if it uses SAT>IP protocol from RS at all...also I tried Elgato SAT>IP app on android and it also doesn't seem to work, channels search gets stuck at start forever...

What am I doing wrong? Am I having this problem because of the motorised dish or something related to network (firewall?), or Panasonic's SAT>IP implementation differs from RS and it will never work, although I have read reports on this forum that it does work...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you...

The Sat>IP standard supports DiSEqC 1.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiSEqC#Versions_and_compatibility

http://www.satip.info/resources

The DVBViewer uses in the default configuration Sat>IP to receive the TV signal from the RS. But there are some special additions e.g to support DiSEqC 1.2.

DVB-over-IP is mostly something else. At least the DVB IPTV supported in the DVBViewer and RS (only as client) uses multicast streaming. And a IP address port combination per channel.

In Sat>IP you have only one server IP and port combination. And the client tells the server all the tuning parameters (frequency etc.) and the server passes them through to the tuner.

DVB-over-IP is mostly something else...

Thank you...but does that mean that what I want will not work with RS but only with hardware SAT>IP converter?

Edited by mytbyte
DVB-over-IP is mostly something else.

This review suggests that it conforms to the Sat>IP standard. So in theory it should work.

Often Sat>IP servers and clients can't talk to each other due to firewall settings. Sat>IP requires UDP unicast traffic from the server to the client plus UDP multicast and TCP (HTTP) traffic in both directions. That's what I would check first...

• Like 1

I finally got to fiddle with it again after a busy week and suddenly everything works without changing anything, just firing up the computer...there is signal shown in DVB-via-IP setup , albeit only strength, qualtiy is zero for all transponders, did a search, over 1000 TV channels found on 19.2E so I guess it works as expected...of course, motor is useless, I need to rotate it via DVBViewer if i want to watch something on another satellite, but this setup is just for UHD channels anyway so...yeah...thanks...