Timeshifting and closed captions

Gorbag

I really would appreciate to use timeshifting WITH closed captions.

Means - DVBViewer records the TV program (with closed captions) and you come home (say 30 minutes later), start to watch the recorded program (with closed captions) and the recording in the background continues.

Would it be possible to implement this function?

Greets, Gorb

Yes, I know he means Videotext Subtitles. B)

Unfortunately they aren't indicated time shifted by timeshift.

The problem is, the ts file doesn't contain the Teletext stream when subtitles are activated. So you can't use subtitles by timeshift. The displayed subtitles are the subtitles from the live picture.

Correct, I meant the "Videotext untertitles".

As I understood it first, DVBViewer creates a file, where the subtitles are stored. So I thought, it might be possible to use them with timeshifting, too. Maybe this function will be implemented in future, the hope never dies B)

I already have an "experimental" DVBViewer GE here (Griga Edition B) ), that does what you want - well, not exactly timeshift as it is already implemented, but recording as transport stream (TS) with videotext and the possibility to play it back while it is still recorded with OSD videotext subtitles.

In this GE version I kicked several features that didn't seem too important, like skins, Dedynamic Audio, Shoutcast/ASF/ASX-playback and such, in order to make it easier to try new things, like switching over to channels on the same transponder without affecting an ongoing recording, recording while watching a video, and some more...

Dunno wether Christian, our head programmer, will adopt those features for the official release, but may be he will agree to providing the GE for download after it has gone through some beta tests (purchasing the official DVBViewer Pro will be necessary to get it, however). We'll see...