can't play pva files

clausss2

I have a skystar2 card with newest drivers & DVBViewer TE

When I record in pva format I cannot playback recorderd files within DVBViewer. The error message i get is: Kann Video nicht rendern error: 0x80040265

Is this generally impossible ?

Working with the recorded files in pvacut is fine and I can produce working DVDs ;-)

(Using Prgdvb doesn't work well either. Here I can't view the self recorded pva's too)

What could be the reason for the error ?

Thanks Claus

Is this generally impossible ?

No. You need to install a PVA Demultiplexer DirectShow filter. The only one I know is included in the Elecard Decoder Package (Download).

However, seeking / changing the playback position is not supported by the PVA Demultiplexer.

Please read more about the Elecard Package here.

No, like most other media players the DVBViewer is based on DirectShow. That means you need to install a demultiplexing filter capable of playing back PVA. You shouldn't use PVA, though, since it has only disadvantages.

Bye, Oliver

Uuups .. the only reason to use pva was producing dvd's

DVBViewer(PVA) -> pvacut(cut->pva) -> pvastrumento (demux->mpv+mpa) -> ifoedit(-> vob) -> imgtool(burn dvd)

Thx Claus