DVB viewer TE with onboard graphic possible?

ron_bxl

Hi,

I am using the following PC:

AMD 2200,512 MB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX onboard graphic chip, Windows XP SP2

and have got this problem:

After startup DVBViewer TE receives a single station (ZDF) only, the CPU is 100% busy.

I cannot switch to other station or do anything else with my PC as the CPU is overloaded with work.

Has anybody experienced this problem?

Do I simply have to get a separate graphic card?

Thanks for help!

Ron

Hi,

it should be possible to run all software releases with inboard graphics cards (f you want to watch SDTV channels :bye:

The high CPU load might be caused by the chipset for the AMD CPU. If you use a VIA chipset, it is strongly recommended to install the latest VIA Hyperion drivers for the chipset and onboard components. Otherwise the chipset speed is to slow for everything.

Another problem could be the cause of the problem: the technicans from ZDF made some changes with the EPG data in last summer and as far as I know all DVB card had problems with this. If you are using the latest technisat release and the latest DVBViewer Pro, this won't be the problem (same, if you're using the latest DVBViewer TE).

kaiser.wilhelm2

Hi ron_bxl,

...also install last NVidia driver: start searching in the MB manufacturer's site to see if you have to use some special manufacturer build driver (because of the onboard chip) or you can use the standard NVidia one's.

...and last DirectX driver (9c)

..and, most important of all, install NVDVD (for the MPEG Video&Audio decoders)

My PC is similar to yours, except the video card thath's AGP, and my CPU work at ~25% with SDTV and ~40 with HDTV :blink:

Gioxy :bye:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help!

Already the first remark solves the problem. I had not been aware that there was a new version of the DVBViewer software available. I have downloaded that version and the problem is fixed.

ron