Channel group not updated

quentin666

Hello,

I changed my single tuner card to a dual tuner, to remove my Diseqc switch and having a tuner for each LNB. I adjusted the settings in the "Hardware Configuration" of the RS (Card 1 : Ch group A / Card 2 : Ch group B ). Then I updated the settings in DVBViewer, "Channel List Editor". It works under the DVBViewer client (connected throught RTSP), but the recording is always tuning on the 1st card, resulting in failed recordings.

Is it a way to edit the RS channels/sat ?

Edited by quentin666

The Recording Service and DVBViewer should use the same channel list (channels.dat, see configuration folder). If the RS and DVBViewer are not running on the same PC you need to copy the file to the RS PC. If they are running on the same PC you need to stop / start the RS to make it load the changed channels.dat.

Hi Griga, thanks for your help. RS and DVBViewer are running on the same PC, configured using "Help > Recording Service Wizard". I already tried to restart RS without success, it still try to record on the wrong tuner.

It works now!

Here are the right steps : Edit the channel/sat list in DVBViewer, then close DVBViewer. Then stop/start the Recording Service.

It seems the channels.dat file is updated at the closing of DVBViewer.

It seems the channels.dat file is updated at the closing of DVBViewer.

It is updated when it is saved. You can do it in the channel editor (historical floppy disk tool button :)). DVBViewer automatically saves the channel list on closing if it has been changed during runtime.