Recording Service 1.32.02

Tony

Oops, I don't know what ...

DVBV RS (1.32.02) is not installed as a service (disappears from the list of services). Help you to reinstall back to the older version (1.32.01). Installed on 2 pc, after today's update of W10 (14393.447). Same problem on both ...

support_pc1.zip

support_pc2.zip

Edited by Tony
  • Like 1

Oops, I don't know what ...

DVBV RS (1.32.02) is not installed as a service (disappears from the list of services). Help you to reinstall back to the older version (1.32.01). Installed on 2 pc, after today's update of W10 (14393.447). Same problem on both ...

I had problems installing this version as well. Installation went through without errors (Win7 x64, Standard User Account). But then, I could not start the service using the tray tool. When checking services, the service was there, but "disabled". After setting it from "disabled" to "automatic", a dialog informed me that the service was "marked for deletion". I then rebooted, and found the service to be gone. Then I reinstalled 1.32.2.0 on top of itself. After that, all was well, I was able to start the service and watch TV.

HTH

Which AV is installed only Windows Defender or some thing else? 'Is there something about this in the AV Software log?

Every one has Win 10 Build 14393.447? Run winver to see the build number.

And every one should post a support.zip so that we can find commonalities.

I have installed MS Windows Defender only. I installing Recording Service independently of the DVBViewer, I use it only for recording.

I didn't realize that when you install the svcdebug file is overwritten ...

(Win7 x64, Standard User Account).

I can't reproduce the problem.

Running Win 10 x64 Build 14393.447 I started the setup as non admin local user account (Which results in a privilege elevation dialogue).

Windows Defender signatures are up tu date.

Installation and running the RS 1.33.02 without any problems.

So there mus be a additional factor. And every one effected needs to post as many informations as erosible to find simultaneity to reproduce and the fix the problem.

Had any one changed the RS 1.33.1 to run in a normal admin account instead of the system account?

Which AV is installed only Windows Defender or some thing else? 'Is there something about this in the AV Software log?

Every one has Win 10 Build 14393.447? Run winver to see the build number.

And every one should post a support.zip so that we can find commonalities.

1) Microsoft Security Essentials. No logfile. No warnings occurred during install.

2) No. I am on Windows 7 x64, with latest updates installed just today (November, 2016 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3197868), Installation date: ‎09.‎11.‎2016 09:50)

3) Well, I solved my problem on my own, so I wasn't really posting a bugreport, but rather a possible solution to a problem. But why not, support.zip attached.

One thing struck me as odd: I did not shut down the recording service before installing the new version. Contrary to what I was used to, I did NOT get any dialog that detected the running service and thus was NOT asked to shut it down before going on. After the installation, the service could not be started, see my previous post.

Other Information:

Recording Service is running under the local SYSTEM account.

As I am working with a standard user account: Whenever I perform a software installation, I get an privilege elevation dialog, which requires me to enter the password of the admin account used for the installation).

HTH

support.zip

Tjod, you're right, there's another factor! Almost always I'm forgetting...

The recording files saving to a network drive, so I have to run the Recording Service under the administrator account. Now I can't reproduce the procedure, but I've installed the update under the system account, and then changed the login information for the account administrator.

Installation DVBV RS from year to year is becoming more complicated ... :original:

​PS: You have a slight discrepancy between the marking of installation file and the version of the installed file (1.33.02.00. vs 1.33.2.0)

One thing struck me as odd: I did not shut down the recording service before installing the new version. Contrary to what I was used to, I did NOT get any dialog that detected the running service and thus was NOT asked to shut it down before going on.

That was never the case in the RS setup if only the RS is running. If the DVBViewer is running or in the DVBViewer setup if the RS is running you get this message.

​PS: You have a slight discrepancy between the marking of installation file and the version of the installed file (1.33.02.00. vs 1.33.2.0)

This can't cause any problems the version number for the setup and the program is defined in different files and systems. That can result in numbers without and with the leading 0.

I still have no idea what is causing the problems. But if installing the RS 1.33.2 a second time results in a working installation it is not a big problem.

If someone is not able to get the RS 1.33.2 running. Post here including a support.zip

Recap of the problem:

1. The same problem occurred on a system with Win7 64bit and a system with Win10 Pro 64bit (Czech edition).

2. On both versions of the operating systems (W7 & W10) took place November update before upgrading.

3. As the antiviral protection is on all three computers (1x W7. and 2xW10) only MS Windows Defender installed.

4. PC with W7 and PC1 with W10 runs under a user account, PC2 (only for the record, only remote access) runs under administrator account.

5. For the PC W7 (notaclue) unspecified, both PC with W10 entered recordings on a network drive.

6. The first attempt to update RS leads to service deletion, subsequent second attempt the service starts.

7. Tjod could not reproduce the problem.

Notaclue and me solve the problem, the cause of the problem but I don't know.

Thank you Tjod for your help.

No Problem here, running Win7 x64, Avira Antivirus, recording to internal HDD. Update of previous version without problems like all versions before, and after pc restart today the RS service is still running.

What I always do on software installs, not only DVBViewer, is to run all the setups by right click "Run as Administrator". That's not identical to start it by double click and wait until Windows asks for admin rights, it gives the setup a little more rights.

I still have no idea what is causing the problems. But if installing the RS 1.33.2 a second time results in a working installation it is not a big problem.

It happened again. I tried to install v1.33.2.1 on top of v1.33.2.0. I did not shutdown the service before the install. After the installation was completed, the service could not be started, because it was disabled.

disablednhkdj.png

When I tried to enable the service, I again received the dialog stating that it was marked for deletion:

markedfordeletion3wsnm.png

After a reboot, the service was gone:

servicegoneafterrestaq3q4g.png

I then reinstalled the recording service a second time, after which all was well. Support.zip see my post above. Windows 7 x64 fully patched, Microsoft Security Essentials, standard user account.