Media server service stops, when release a Tuner

yakov2905

Hi.

Media server stops, by thyself, when I close DVBViewer (in case was tuned channel by DVB-S2 card), or switch from tuned DVBs channel to recorded, or downloaded video file.

In case, DVBViewer was closed and service stopped, sometimes it restarts by thyself (takes about 10s, you can see it in svcdebug.log : 04.05.17 17:53:11.108 TEARDOWN             200), sometimes need to start it manually, and sometimes need to restart, because service unable to start manually.

If service stopped when I switch from tuned channel to recorded/downloaded video file, and in new version 6 of DVBViewer, to network stream, servise unable to start, until I close DVBViewer

Windows service recovery configured to restart the service on first, second and subsequent failures. 

support.zip

My first idea when I saw your post was "most likely this guy has a TBS card with CI". Then I had a look into your support.zip - voilá.

Unfortunately this combination is known to be quite unstable. In your case it crashes when the card gets released. Maybe a newer version of the TbsCIapi.dll will fix it. Check the TBS site or use the DVBViewer Downloader (see start menu) to get it.