DVBViewer Video Editor

hackbart

As i already mentioned in a separate thread a while ago. I plan to publish a Video Editor as DVBViewer add-on. The Editor will definitively come as 32bit and 64bit application and also supports the DVBViewer Media Server Database. One part since the beginning was that also visual impaired users can use it to edit their videos. To do so i had spent a lot time in order to create a keyboard input logic which avoids ctrl+alt combinations if necessary. 

A simple example which i personally prefer to use instead my touch pad is editing by using the space bar to start playback and Shift+Left/Right to jump to a position near the commercial break. Then you set a begin marker with F3 and a end marker with F4. Jumping between them can be done by key "S" and "E". If you want to jump to the next marker you press E and then Cursor Right to move over the marker and then you can jump to the next marker with "S" or "E". This sounds more complicated than it is. Once you are familiar with it, you can easily edit your video. If you don't want to use the keyboard you can also use the mouse instead. All necessary functions are easily to reach on the display. 

When i started developing the editor i did not had in mind that users might want to convert their videos to a certain format. Anyway one tester asked if it could be possible to export the recordings to mkv or mp4. So i also added an option to convert the stream into a target format. 

Commercial detection is done by Comskip. Which i suppose the most video enthusiasts already have and i did not spent any time to invent something similar. Why should i, since comskip really does a great job.

sheldon.jpg

I think i might explain the obvious features on the screen shot above. On the top right you see the broadcast time. This is a combination of the start time of the recording plus the position in the recording. There are companies who compare the program lists with the broadcasts and so they can easily verify if the stated programme equals to the transmitted one. 

At the bottom left you see the current frame at the position. In the middle you see the time of the current position in the recording, starting with 00:00:00.

The control bar below allows you to edit your recording. On top you have the video playback controls, followed by the time line slider. The time line consists of a preview image and the audio oscilloscope. Below you have the buttons to show/hide the image/audio preview, cut or keep mode, add begin/end/delete marker, keep, drop and invert selection button. The time code allows you to jump to a position and the save button is for building the cutted result. The last button on the bottom right opens a zoom menu where you can zoom in or out the video slider. 

The video renderer is based on the same technology we use in the DVBViewer. It uses the Allocator/Presenter system in order to render the video into a Direct3D graph. You can even use shaders to manipulate the display in real time. This is more a funny gimmick, but i like it.

If you want to automate the process you can create batches:batch_english.png

Right now  the app has 4 different kind of jobs.

1. Indexing: Indexing is optional and allows the editor to know the exact position of each frame in the video. The main advantage is that the trimmed result is more exact.
  2. Trimming: Trimming removes the marked positions in a file. It uses the cut list which should be located in the same folder of the video
  3. Comskip: Detects the commercials automatically and creates an edl list, which is used for trimming.
  4. Transcode: This job transcodes your result in a video format of your choice. 

In the future i probably also allow the creation of Blu-Ray discs if this is a feature wanted by users. At the time i only focused on the things i want to have and building DVDs or Blu-Rays is something i never did or did only a few times in the last 20 years.

• Like 3

There will be a 14 days trial and a limitation to 3 batches per application run. I did not spend much time in the copy protection yet.

The price will be 19 Euro.

Christian

• Like 1

I've announced it on the main page. The editor is complete and feature freezed since a while. After the next DVBViewer update i will publish it.

Maybe earlier, but to do so i have to put a new version of the key tool to the installer. 

Christian

PS: Happy easter

• 2 weeks later...

I will upload the 32 bit and 64bit builds tomorrow. Right now i'm testing the installer on several virtual machines, but i'm confident that everything will run like intended. It should run under XP, but its probably better to have at least vista.Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-09 um 20.18.16.jpg

Hi,

I have no experience with the program of a similar type, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't know where the error is. Edited video file cannot be saved, it creates a file of the specified name on the zero size.

The problem occurs in both version 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.1.0, 32 bit and 64 bit. OS is Windows 10 v1709, build 16299.371.

Ich habe eben noch einmal getestet und nur den Vor-, bzw. den Nachlauf der HD-Aufnahme abgeschnitten. Die Default.ts läuft viel zu schnell, nicht lippensynchron und hat lt. TSDoctor 4.258 AC3-Fehler.

Version 1.01 64 Bit / Windows 10 Version 1709 (Build 16299.371) / Filmlänge 50 min.

Edited by mannix
4 hours ago, Tony said:

Hi,

I have no experience with the program of a similar type, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't know where the error is. Edited video file cannot be saved, it creates a file of the specified name on the zero size.

The problem occurs in both version 1.0.0.0 and 1.0.1.0, 32 bit and 64 bit. OS is Windows 10 v1709, build 16299.371.

I think you need to describe more detailed what you did in order to get 0 sized files.  

Hi majstang,

Win10 64bit, v1709, build 16299.371.

DVBViewer Pro v6.0.4.0, DVBVservice v2.0.4.0, DVB-C & DVB-T via UPC cable.

DVB Video Editor 32bit installed to existing C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\

(or alternatively installed to DVB Video Editor 64bit to new folder C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\ )

DVBVE v1.0.0.0 tested both, 32bit and 64bit. DVBVE v1.0.1.0 tested 32bit only.

Tested files:

mpg

Spoiler
Main
Complete name                            : D:\Retiree\Videos\Svou káru táhnem dál.mpg
Format                                   : MPEG-PS
File size                                : 838 MiB
Duration                                 : 58 min 35 s
Overall bit rate                         : 1 999 kb/s
Video
ID                                       : 224 (0xE0)
Format                                   : MPEG Video
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : Main@Main
Format settings                          : CustomMatrix / BVOP
Format settings, BVOP                    : Ano
Format settings, GOP                     : M=3, N=15
Format settings, picture structure       : Frame
Bit rate                                 : 1 704 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 9 800 kb/s
Width                                    : 720pixely
Height                                   : 576pixely
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25,000 FPS
Standard                                 : PAL
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.164
Time code of first frame                 : 00:00:00:00
Time code source                         : Group of pictures header
Stream size                              : 714 MiB (85%)
Audio #1
ID                                       : 192 (0xC0)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Bit rate                                 : 192 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 kanály
Sampling rate                            : 48,0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 41,667 FPS (1152 SPF)
Delay relative to video                  : 24 ms
Stream size                              : 80,5 MiB (10%)
Audio #2
ID                                       : 193 (0xC1)
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 2
Bit rate                                 : 64,0 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 1 kanál
Sampling rate                            : 48,0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 41,667 FPS (1152 SPF)
Stream size                              : 26,8 MiB (3%)

hevc 

Spoiler
Main
ID                                       : 8978 (0x2312)
Complete name                            : D:\Retiree\Videos\T2_Air Force One.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 2,69 GiB
Duration                                 : 2 h 44 min
Overall bit rate                         : 2 339 kb/s
Video
ID                                       : 289 (0x121)
Menu ID                                  : 520 (0x208)
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main@L3.1@Main
Codec ID                                 : 36
Width                                    : 960pixely
Height                                   : 540pixely
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 50,000 FPS
Standard                                 : Component
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 0)
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
Audio
ID                                       : 290 (0x122)
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
Format settings                          : NBC
Muxing mode                              : LATM
Codec ID                                 : 17-2
Channel(s)                               : 2 kanály
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48,0 kHz / 24,0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 23,438 FPS (1024 SPF)
Delay relative to video                  : -547 ms
Text
ID                                       : 294 (0x126)
Format                                   : DVB Subtitle
Codec ID                                 : 6
Delay relative to video                  : 423 ms
Language                                 : Czech
Menu
ID                                       : 288 (0x120)
List                                     : 289 (0x121) (HEVC) / 290 (0x122) (AAC) / 294 (0x126) (DVB Subtitle, Czech)
Language                                 :  /  / Czech

Both files can be edited (I can't), but the file is not saved. Save as from the menu, or save from the command line will open window to insert the file name (the default name is Default. ts), the file is created with that name, but has zero size.

No problem... 

The first file (HEVC) is a record of the test DVB-T2 Digital Broadcasting Company, a.s., the second file is an older record DVB-C, VideoReDo edited. 

Currently (today) I don't have other records available, but I can prepare additional files during the weekend. 

It is very likely that when you try to save a file, I'm making a fatal mistake, I don't have experience with a similar program

P.S. The term "No problem" proved to be somewhat optimistic, my provider is UPC and upload I have limited to 20 Mbit/s :disgust:

14 hours ago, Tony said:

Both files can be edited (I can't), but the file is not saved. Save as from the menu, or save from the command line will open window to insert the file name (the default name is Default. ts), the file is created with that name, but has zero size.

Problem is confirmed with both recordings. I'll pass them on to @hackbart.

Yes i can confirm this with the Video. The problem is the AAC Audio Stream. This will be fixed within the next days, i hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo,

ich habe festgestellt, daß der Videoeditor nicht bei Aufnahmen aller Sender funktioniert.

Zunächst sei vorweggeschickt, daß er bei meinem DVB-T2 HD Receiver nicht funktioniert. Dessen Aufnahmen lassen sich aber auch nicht mit dem VLC-Mediaplayer anzeigen, sondern nur mit dem MPC-HC und mit dem TS-Doctor schneiden.

Aufnahmen mit meinen DVB-S2 Receiver (NDR HD) gingen dagegen. Ebenso DVB-S Aufnahmen mit dem DVBViewer.

Bei DVB-T2 HD (Frankfurt am Main - Rhein/Main) Aufnahmne mit dem DVBViewer hängt es vom Sender ab!

Aufnahmen von ZDF Sendern ließen sich öffen (z.B. ZDF, 3sat).

Bei Aufnahmen von ARD Sendern dagegen tut sich nichts, wenn man sie öffnen will. Es handelt sich u.a. um Das Erste, hr, Bayern Nord, rbb, NDR, One, arte.

Ich habe übrigens für alle Codecs LAV ausgewählt und alle Testaufnahmen lassen sich mit dem DVBViewer anzeigen.

Viele Grüße

Webturtle

Sorry, der Beitrag sollte eigentlich im deutschen Thread landen. Sorry, the posting was intended to be shown in the german thread.:oops:

Edited by Webturtle

What kind of audio track does your problematic recordings have? It has been reported the Elecard demultiplexer seem to have problems with recordings containing E-AC3 audio in the load phase.

Thank you so much.

One more thing, pls. Can you help me how can I normalize the audio when converting?

-crf 20.0 -vcodec libx264 -preset slow -acodec aac -ar 48000 -b:a 128k -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp chroma -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -threads 0

Before testing, I'd like to ask about converting files.

I usually want to keep some shows in much smaller size than what .ts files provide, I keep files in .ts only till I watch them, after that I delete them. And few shows I want to save "for posterity" I convert them with Any Video Converter (at the moment it produces the best quality of all programs I used so far, but also has some problems). Thing is, I usually like to play with bitrates, some files I compress more, some less, depending on show quality and its importance for me.

Anyway, does Video Editor supports defining custom bitrates for video and audio, as well as different codecs? And if not, will it be added in later versions, I saw you also plan to add support for importing from other formats in future versions.

Hmm, i can't reproduce any problems with your HEVC recordings anymore within the last build.

Screenshot 2018-05-12 um 09.38.48.jpg

As i said, the issue with your recordings was the AAC LATM audio channel. The editor now handles these streams fine.

Hi Chris,

Hmm, that's strange! That I was the problem myself? I have no experience with editing programs, I do not have any consultant. Maybe I'm making a mistake when you install, maybe it's due to the use of the actual computers, no virtual machine I do not ...

The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, always the current version, i.e. starting with the Video Editor v1.0.0 gradually 1709/16299.371, 16299.402, 1709/1803/1803/17134.1, and finally 17134.48.  I use a full installation (all users) of the DVBViewer & Video Editor, also the latest version

The Installer v1.0.0/1.0.1 installed 32 bit editor to the folder C:\ ... (x 86) \DVBViewer. I don't know whether it was a bug or by design. Next, I tried the 64 bit version only. I don't remember the details, but for the lowest version (1.0.0 and 1.0.1, 1.0.2, maybe) the file has loaded, and with many difficulties to edit. For all other versions of the video file does not load, the editor only displays the file name.

Normally I use VideoReDo TVSuit in 5.3.83.763, it fully meets my needs, but cannot HEVC. I also tried TMPGEnc, VirtualDub or OpenShot Video Editor. None of these applications does not have the loading problem of the attached video file.

It is possible that I am using real PC, not the right virtual machine… ;)

I assume that the previously saved video files are no longer available (7 days), I have appointed four new files, records of Broadcasting DVB-T2 in length of 5 minutes (5 + 5 + 5) from three different multiplexes three different providers broadcasters, taken immediately after the succession, including relevant log records. Further suppose that the archiving of the zip format, the structure of video files does not change. Samples of saving for 30 days.

https://ufile.io/xxlw3 

Edited by Tony

I can confirm the issue with the 64bit build. It is a problem in the Solveig Trim Engine somewhere. Please use so far the 32bit build. I guess an update next week will solve this. What i can say, the 32bit version runs fine with all of your streams i had tested here.

Hi,

I am not sure, how (where) to install the 32 bit version? The Installer offers to install to the program folder of  DVBViewer, C:\Program Files (x 86)\DVBViewer. Is it OK ?

Edited by Tony

Usually on 64-bit Windows 32-bit applications installs to C:\Program Files (x86) while 64-bit apps are located to C:\Program Files

Edited by majstang
  • Like 1

OK, this issue seems to be resolved. Everything else depends on the needs and practices of each particular user.

I'm going to get used to …:jump:

Storno – cancel, take back (in IT too). I overreacted and wrote a stupid ... I did not find the Delete (post) button

Different versions of the Video Editor I installed several times. Maybe it's just a result of, I don't know ... 

1. I do not see fit to install Video Editor to DVBViewer program folder. In the 32-bit version of the installer is the DVBViewer is set as the default. It is probably not a good solution.

2. Only one configuration folder \CMUV\DVBViewer for the DVBViewer and Video Editor is not a good solution.
  3. Around it is not common to use 32-bit and 64-bit version on one machine. If so, would it be appropriate to separate configuration files for each version (see ad 2)

Hi,

After editing (ts, AVC) file saving, trying the extension mkv. It takes a long time, I am finishing my transcoding (CANCEL button). Progress window storage (coding) disappears, but running without interruption on transcoding ... Properly I close the editor (File > Exit), transcoding stops for a few seconds after the end of the program.

Of course it takes a long time. You should change the Transcoding to -acodec copy -vcodec copy if you just want to replace the container.