Signal Strength

johnyboy88888

I've now got my new system set up and its looking good so far but I'll put it through its paces on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, is there any way I can get to view the signal strength or quality in DVBViewer, either temporarily or as a permanent feature with the picture ? Because I get most of my signals from an inclined bird I need to make sure I have the best strength and if I can see the figures its easier for me to make my adjustments.

Thanks

is there any way I can get to view the signal strength or quality in DVBViewer

Manual

However, the displayed signal strength (reported by the driver) is not very significant. One gets different results with different drivers.

I'd prefer Setup4PC (part of the TechniSat software). It provides more information on its status page (bit error rate, lost packets etc.). First launch the DVBViewer, tune the channel, and then additionally launch Setup4PC. Should work.