Recording button creates wrong Media Server timer

I've been using DVBViewer + Media Server / Recording service for years (both running on separate Win-10 Pro PC's), but recently an update of either the Media Server or DVBViewer seems to have introduced a recording timer problem for me. I currently have DMS v2.1.1.0 & DVBViewer clients on both 6.1.0.0 & 6.1.1.0)

The problem is this: The EPG data looks absolutely fine, both on Media Server web page and in DVBViewer itself (clicking EPG button). But if I am watching a channel in DVBV client and click on the record button to record the channel then the resultant timer created in DMS runs for 23 hours 59 minutes (so records every program on the channel for this period of time). As an example I could get a timer running from 15:32 - 15:31. However if on the same DVBViewer client I click on the EPG button to display the EPG guide, select the program and then click on the record button within the guide then the correct timer parameters are sent to the Media Server.

An incidental problem I have noted is that when a channel is playing, the first click on the DVBV record button does not always bring up the red record icon at the bottom of the screen - however the DMS recording timer will have been created (but with incorrect end time as noted above). A second click on the record button will generally bring up the red record icon but will also create a second timer instance (also with incorrect end time). Likewise trying to stop a recording by right clicking on the DVBV window and selecting  "Record Current Channel - Stop Recording" does not work.

Actually I'm not sure if this is a DVBViewer client or Media Server related issue - or possibly even something I might have done wrong...? I may try dropping back to earlier versions of both DMS & DVBV, but before doing so wondered if anyone else had noted similar issues with recording a channel that is currently being watched?

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

But if I am watching a channel in DVBV client and click on the record button to record the channel then the resultant timer created in DMS runs for 23 hours 59 minutes

It has always been like that. If you start a recording manually, you have to stop it manually or set up a timer for it.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

A second click on the record button will generally bring up the red record icon but will also create a second timer instance (also with incorrect end time).

In DMS 2.1.1 the method for communicating with DVBViewer clients has been changed:

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/59626-dvbviewer-media-server-2000/?do=findComment&comment=473859

It proved to fix similar issues in some cases. However, in your case it may be the other way round. Please try how it works after reverting to the old method by using the described tweak.

Wow, how stupid of me not to have realised how the recording button works!! The good news is that switching off multicast and reverting to broadcast has fixed the recording icon issue - any thoughts on why multicasts don't make it through - firewall or something...?

Thanks for your help with this.