Skystar2TV Stutter/Freezes

KingZero

Hi Community,

its not easy to find a good software for the Skytar2TV as some of u guys might know.

Well i take a look at the DVBViewer Pro Version and it seems to be well-made for my requirements and by the way it has some nice features so did i find the

holy grale for the skytar2TV finally!? ... not really because i have a serious problem.

If i start the Pro Version of DVBViewer (V2.2 RC1) i get freezes in a 2-3 second period.

The picture and the sound runs about 2 seconds flawlessy and then it freezes for

3-4 seconds then it runs for 2-3 seconds and freezes again.

I tried some things on my own i changed the drivers from Version 4.30 to 4.2x but nothin changed. i played around with the video renderer settings but it didnt help.

maybe the solution is kinda easy it would be nice if some of u guys can help me out

thx in advance.

Experts on this forum would start debugging your problem by asking you to describe your PC set up. This would help them to know whether you are pushing the limits of PC performance, whether your graphics card has MPEG-2 hardware decoding etc. Also how strong is your signal (dish well pointed?) As a first 'blind' start to curing your problems (by the way many of us do solve them and find the SkyStar 2 / DVBViewer is a great combination) make sure your PC is not spending a lot of its performance on higher priority interupts from networking and other applications which you could turn off.

Dont get me wrong guys i really would like to buy it but only if i know it works.

So to test it i have rent the Pro Version from a friend just for evaluation 15 Bucks is not the world so i really will buy it.

But how can it be that my problems r gone when i buy it ?

as i said i have rent the pro version from a friend it works greatly for him !?!?

The picture and the sound runs about 2 seconds flawlessy and then it freezes for

3-4 seconds then it runs for 2-3 seconds and freezes again.

Thats the copy protection.

If you buy it, you must correct your Userdata in the registry under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CM&V\DVBViewer

KingZero......if its any consolation, I recently had a number of problems setting up my Skystar/DVBViewer system up but all the problems I posted here got solved by those with greater knowledge and experience. Now it all works perfectly.

You're in good hands I can assure you...........

Hi everyone,

i'm having the same problem with the stutter and freezing.

I'm using 2.3 beta. Nvidia Geforce FX5700 with 71.x Forceware drivers.

I had the problem on my old PC and thought i might have messed up the configuration, but when I installed it on my new PC today, i had to realize that the problem persists.

My registration data should be okay, since i can log in into the service center with it.

Anyone got an idea what could cause this?

best regards,

Michael

Edit:

Okay, i figured out its just some channels which have that effect, i.e. sat1 and pro7 while vox or rtl are working just fine. *sigh*

Edited by Impulz

Hm.. you were right. I moved the DECT base station some weeks ago below the bed right next to the sat cable. When i removed it, the stutter vanished.

Thanks a lot! I doubt that I would have ever guessed that this was the reason.