NikoP

Chinese unbranded T2/C tuners

NikoP

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with one of these two with DVBViewer? (Under Windows 10)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVB-T2-Receiver-Digital-USB-TV-Stick-TV-Receiver-With-Aerial-Remote-Control-F3Q7/232785852597?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-2-0-DVB-T2-T-DVB-C-TV-Tuner-Stick-USB-Dongle-PC-Laptop-for-Windows-7-8/282882676519

Also if anyone knows specifics about these (chipset, driver availability online) I would be interested.

For T2/T/C usage.

Thanks!

hackbart

Hi, without the driver it is hard to tell. According to the specs (DVB-T2, -C, DAB, FM) i would say it is based on Realtek RT238X, but this is just a hard guess - even if i'm quite confident that the chip is used. The price is more than ok, but keep in mind that taxes will put on top, so you will be probably better of, if you buy a similar device on amazon. 

Alan_SP

I'm not sure about situation with drivers, when I read more about it I found information that if Windows 10 isn't specifically mentioned, driver doesn't support it. Of course, it may not be so, but also, it may be, when they explicitly mention that.

If you buy it, please inform how it works, as it is very cheap. And, mentioning customs, as it is below 22€ (or very close to it), it should be free from all customs duties within EU (or till they change this law, I heard they're working on changing it so all parcels, independent of their price would be subject to customs duties, but when this will happen, I'm not sure).

NikoP

Yeah taxes shouldn't be problem as it's under 22€ (at least in Finland).

Anyways ordered cheaper one, comes to around 16€.

Will get back whenever it arrives.

• Like 1

NikoP

Got it this week and now have had time to test for little bit. 

- DVBViewer lists it as: ASTROMETA DTV Filter. From google: http://www.astrometa.com.tw/integrated_en.html seems to have same drivers that was on disc

- RTL2832U according to device manager

- Remote didn't work for me. Not that I would've used it. It probably uses commands only official program understands.

- Different drivers for C/T most likely means you can't have 

- There's some discontinuities. That could be due to bad quality Cable signal, although Signal is reported as 100%. Appears as small corruption for few frames. 

• Like 1

Alan_SP

But, it looks like it works just fine (other then small problems with recorded signal) with DVBViewer?

When talking about problem with some errors in recordings, I have them too with my Hauppauge card (DVB-T signal), but it is on 50%, so it may be some real problems with signal strength in my case. I got it with original Hauppauge software also, so it may be something I can expect with my antenna and location.

NikoP

Yeah it's very fine for price.

Apart from small image errors, problem could be transcoding, but eac3to seems to demux it fine (and fixes audio/video sync, just like ProjectX does for MPEG2 channels).

For me T signal is error free with ~50% (with Artec T14BR).

• Like 1

Alan_SP

Well, I don't have errors all the time, but sometimes there's some relatively small errors, it is visible, but it is not a problem. And, sometimes I don't get errors at all.

Only thing is, these errors I don't see at all with my TV set, or with my dedicated hardware recorder (LG HR500). I guess that USB tuner is a bit more sensitive to signal strength.

But, it is nice to know we can go with cheap Chinese tuners.