Can I install a second copy of the DVBViewer Pro in my personal laptop?

algatelli

I don't know if my chiming in has any sense to you, but my usage is that I have special PC for watching TV and other video materials (i.e. HTPC) and it is connected to my TV.

I also have Media Server (DMS), and if I want to record something for later watching, I just connect within and/or without my home network to web interface and choose what to record. For that you just need regular browser and IP address of your computer with Media Server (for outside connection it is a bit more complicated).

And for actual watching of recorded shows, I anyway only use my HTPC on my TV, so I don't need any other installation within my household.

Of course, your situation and usage scenarios can be completely different from mine.

Hello,

it's difficult to use two or more installations of DVBViewer Pro, because each needs its own configuration folder (look with the search function of the forum). Therefore you should try DVBViewer GE. You can download it from the members section like DVBViewer Pro. I works without problems parallel with DVBViewer Pro. You have only to unzip it in it's subfolder of the DVBViewer program directory.

Many greetings

Webturtle

Edited by Webturtle