recording "time"

nicis

hello,

when  I record a channel for, let says 2 hours, when I open the .ts file (or the converted .mkv file), the player (and i tested this with several players under windows or android or via DNLA player) say the recorded duration is about 22 hours. this is also the case when I read the file properties (length attibute) within windows explorer.

navigate back and forward is then difficult since all players jump to the end

Most likely caused by discontinuous time stamps in the original broadcast. You can try to repair the TS file by using the TSPlayer (see DVBViewer download area -> tools section). Read more about it here, particularly this chapter. Basically the TSPlayer is able to re-record a TS file and to apply certain changes while doing it.

Another more sophisticated tool for such tasks is the TS-Doctor. Easy to find in the web...

this tools  work . the file seams to be correct after conversion

2 questions

1) any way to run the programm with command line parameters ? this way, i can run it automatically

2) is it not a better way to deal with such timestamp problem to correct it while recording instead of make correction on the recorded file ?

or at least, can the ts->mkv conversion  step be used to correct this ?

because the converted .mkv file has also this timestamp problem.