Recordings stuck in Recording Service

SimonP

Recording Service 1.33.2.0, DVBViewer 5.6.4.0 + Android app.

I've no idea how it happened but when I add recordings to the RS, I am unable to delete them. I've searched drive C and the registry for one example in the hope that I could delete them that way but I've yet to find where they're stored. Could you tell me please and maybe give me some ideas as to what I can do about it?

If it comes to it I'll do a fresh install and hopefully that'll sort it out but I've got it set up "just so" and would rather not have to configure it again from scratch.

Also, the Android app is losing functionality as they change it to maintain compatibility with the new version of RS. I'd prefer to stick with the earlier versions of RS and DVBV as the new ones don't add anything I want but if need be, would I be able to just buy the new RS and use it with the older DVBV or would I need new copies of both (sorry, I didn't keep up with the development and change-over).

Thanks.

Just to be clear, it seems to happen after I have set a series recording, maybe from the App (can't remember). When I didn't need the recordings any more I unticked 'Timer Active' and the day box, saved it, but still I can't delete them.

I just tried a one-off recording (set in the app) and I was able to delete it in RS when it finished so it seems to be either connected to the app or series recording.

Edited by SimonP
6 hours ago, SimonP said:

I've no idea how it happened but when I add recordings to the RS, I am unable to delete them.

Do you mean recordings (= .mpg or .ts media files) or timers? The latter are stored in the file svctimers.xml in the config subdirectory of the configuration folder.

Thanks, Griga. I've deleted the "stuck" timers and will see if it happens again or if I can work out what caused it. Strange that Windows search didn't find that file as I searched for the name of the programme exactly as it appeared in the file.

Could you remind me of the situation regarding old and new versions of RS and DVBV as in the first post please?

On 10/7/2018 at 2:14 AM, SimonP said:

buy the new RS and use it with the older DVBV

Not recommendable. This combination is untested and there may be several incompatibilities. Current DVBViewer and DMS (DVBViewer Media Server) versions are tailored for each other. Please read more about it here.