Video Editor hangs when saving after comskip

Jacob Andersen

Hi,

I have just installed the Video Editor and I test ran it on a full length movie trying to skip commercials. It detected the commercials just fine but when I try to save the cut it just hangs. I have tried it three times now and it hangs at the same spot every time. As you can see on the attached screen dump then this has been hanging for 11h and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Regards, JSA

image.thumb.png.14ef9a8a9d98863db9b9cfab2b317d81.png

Inspired by other reports then I switched to the 32bit version (as the above problem was for the 64bit version) using the same project file so I did not have to redo the comskipping again.

I runs without any problems on the 32bit version.

/JSA

Edited by Jacob Andersen
  • 1 year later...

Hmm strange both codes are nearly equal, but I always recommend the 32bit version if it does not come to UHD transmissions. 

• 2 years later...

I just installed the 64 bit version on Windows 11. And same problem as above. Hangs when saving to the new file. Hangs approx. 8 min after start. And strange this has been not solved in the 64 bit over the last 2-3 years. But I will try the 32 bit version.