Hardware Transcoding with Intel Quick Sync

Eric.MK

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in this forum. :)

DVBViewer is a great software and I have been using it for almost 10 years. Thanks you DVBViewer team for doing such a great job.:thumbsup: 

Recently I purchased DVBViewer Media Server and use it in my HTPC. The HTPC is an Intel NUC NUC7PJYH which comes with a Celeron J5005 CPU. It is very energy efficient, but lack the processing power for video transcoding.

1.How to setup hardware transcoding with Intel Quick Sync?

• I want to shift the transcoding job to Quick Sync to reduce the CPU load when streaming TV signal.
  • In this forum, there were discussion about hardware transcoding for Recording Service. Have tried but not successful. Can anyone provide guideline or sample of ffmpegprefs.ini for transcoding with Quick Sync?

2. Is it possible to stream TV signal to client device (e.g. PC, iphone)  and let the client do the transcoding completely?

Thank a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Am 6.2.2019 um 09:43 schrieb Eric.MK:

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in this forum. :)

DVBViewer is a great software and I have been using it for almost 10 years. Thanks you DVBViewer team for doing such a great job.:thumbsup: 

Recently I purchased DVBViewer Media Server and use it in my HTPC. The HTPC is an Intel NUC NUC7PJYH which comes with a Celeron J5005 CPU. It is very energy efficient, but lack the processing power for video transcoding.

1.How to setup hardware transcoding with Intel Quick Sync?

• I want to shift the transcoding job to Quick Sync to reduce the CPU load when streaming TV signal.
  • In this forum, there were discussion about hardware transcoding for Recording Service. Have tried but not successful. Can anyone provide guideline or sample of ffmpegprefs.ini for transcoding with Quick Sync?

2. Is it possible to stream TV signal to client device (e.g. PC, iphone)  and let the client do the transcoding completely?

Thank a lot.

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Wlad