prob after appending multiple mpg files to one

NameIt

Hi there,

hope somebody may help me. :)

preconditions:

- I recorded a large movie and got splitted files (2 parts)

- demuxed both parts with pvastrumento (version pvas21013h). adjustments were no dropping audio frames nor GOPs but correcting some informations about audio/time/video

- cutted out the commercial breaks with cuttermaran/mpeg2schnitt

after that I tried various ways.

One way was: appending both cutted parts with cuttermaran and mutiplexing with built in mplex.exe.

Result: The slider in the timeline in DVBViewer (version 2.2RC1) was moving as it saw only the first part of the multiplexed program stream (mpg) until I pull the slider by hand. But the Viewer shows the whole movie. I thought that was not important but later the second goal was to create a DVD from that large movie.

Now the problem changes from minor to a major problem. :wub:

I wanted to use the free DVDauthorgui to generate the DVD files. First I demuxed the complete whole movie again with pvastrumento to get the video stream and the audio stream separated. Until then there was no problem. After advising DVDauthorgui where to find the video and the audio stream I started 'author DVD'.

The built in mplex version didn't multiplex the streams again because it wanted to split the result at the same point as the original files were splitted. I know it because i used this mplex version by hand and the resulting files were as the original files. :(

OK. That was quite a long description but now you can understand my problem.

The Point:

How can I merge/append 2 mpg files without getting the annoying time stamp problem so that the resulting mpg is clean.

sincerely

NameIt