Jump to content
subminiature

Freesat channels lost

Recommended Posts

subminiature

In case this might be effecting others.

I have lost all Freesat channels on Sunday. Last recordings have text files declaring gigabytes of file create but no file saved, not even a zero length one.

I have installed the latest version of software and scanned for Freeview and Freesat as my previous channel list was empty and no TV tuner found. I had also removed the Blackgold drivers and rebooted to install them again. Still no Freesat with channels showing 5% signal strength. I have loaded the channels from the file and also scanned frequencies. 

The dish looks fine. No strong weather of late.  No Windows 10 updates eiither.

Any suggestions what to try next?

Share this post


Link to post
cp2

Are you saying that if you scan for channels none are found? If so, I would suspect your Blackgold tuner.

Try using Transedit to scan a transponder and see if it finds anything. You should also be able to view any channels found in the preview window.

Share this post


Link to post
subminiature

Transedit finds no channels. This is not the first time all channels have not displayed and been unable to scan for any. I have tried the fixes that have worked before. Could be the tuner card but was not when suggested before..

Share this post


Link to post
subminiature
Posted (edited)

I borrowed a Satellite box. and also got no signal. I feed the aerial from another dish and the channels loaded straight away. Left it like that for an hour. Plugged in the original aerial cable and it said no signal. Then automagically the channel appeared. 

I got to the Blackgold tuner and DVBViewer and get Freesat channels. But not E4 or Film4 yet E4+1 and Film4+1 are okay. Sat Box also picks up channels that DVBViewer does not - like Forces TV.

This is black magic. I just don't get it.  I guess until next time.

Edited by subminiature

Share this post


Link to post
Cian

I gave up on my Blackgold tuner. Just stopped working. Sent it back for repair, lasted about a month. Terrestrial worked fine but not the Sat. I figure it was down to the power being fed up tot the LNB. Whenever I had reception issues, it was always down to the card or the cables - it was never the software.

 

I would buy a back-up card from TBS maybe. I have not had a problem since I started using one of these.

Share this post


Link to post
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...