Full Screen Output

Warlord007

hi all

my first post :wub:

well ive read all the documents i can find, and "most" of the plugins for this feature

what i am looking for is an option for full screen to be sent to the second monitor/tv

i use the tv output a lot with dvb , and the main problem is you cant read any small print on the tv screen, so it means u have to keep dropping back to a window, dragging DVBViewer back to the monitor screen, change channel, drag back to tv and then go full screen

an option to leave the app on the monitor but output full screen to tv would be a godsent :)

i have only ever seen this option in 1 other dvb app, and it dosent support my cable card so i cant use it

wonder how long the wifeee is gonna put up with me keep interupting her viewing while i make small changes to the settings hehe

great app all, keep up the good work, im running the beta version and found nothing wrong yet, but its only been 1 night

tnx all

warlord

what i am looking for is an option for full screen to be sent to the second monitor/tv

Most up-to-date graphics cards provide such a feature (my GeForce MX 440 does). It's called "Theater Mode" (ATI) or "Clone Mode" (NVidia). I additionally had to select the Secondary Display as "Full Screen Device" in NVidia's nView settings.

In this mode, the TV picture (on a TV set as second monitor) is always sent as full screen, independently from the monitor output - even when the DVBViewer is minimized. It only works if the DVBViewer uses "Overlay" or "Unchanged" for video output, not in the VMR modes (see Options/DirectX).

This feature has to be activated in the display settings, however... right-click your desktop / properties / settings / extended or such... give it a try.

Guest Lars_MQ

Not shure if your graka supports this, but there is something like theatermode on nvidias and dvdmax on matrox, where the graphiccard duplicates only the TV/Moviescreen into a fullscreen images on a second monitor...

[edit]griga was faster, and he is right theatermode was ATI :wub:[/edit]

hi all

thanks a lot for the help above

got theatre mode working, (after new drivers and a few resets) but i cant see the OSD on tv and teletext is grayed out, even for channels that displayed them b4

maybe this should go in another thread

tnx again

warlord