Tevii working drivers under 1809-1903

Hello... Previous week i was upgraded (clean install) to latest Win10 edition 1903 V2 version... My TeVii S470 have hardware problem or it wrote that incompatible device for this system (same in 1809)... I Plugged my EYETV USB Tuner/Terratec S7 USB tuner and every boot i had BSOD Screen... I starting to find a solution, because i dont want put both hardware into the trashcan...

After some hours i foung working driver on Terratec site... Terratec Synergy S2 USB BOX  https://www.terratec.de/details.php?artnr=134439&lang=de and when i opened the drivers i saw typical Tevii drivers from 2017... And its unbeliavable, but its working.... In system properties u will see just name of device string (%S470BDA.DeviceDesc%) and in DVBViewer u will see just Terratec USB device but everything working fine on my S470 or S464... :)

I hope, it can help to someone, who have same problems as me... 

VoDa 

My Specs:

Win 10 1809 in legacy mode  (legacy is just for no BSOD on boot with plugged EyeTV S2 USB/Terratec S7 device) (1809 because 1903 is really shitty and i had other problem with sound and graphic)

I7 6770K

32GB DDR 3200

RX580 8GB

Latest DVBViewer

Here is the link for drivers:

https://www.terratec.de/media/filer_public/134439-10-64.exe

Edited by VoDa

I'm quite sure that driver is not working for me. Would you be so kind to check your driver version:

image.png.66d06570510f24b8eb252de64b82592c.png

Uninstall (remove) previous device with deleting all previous drivers (in your 5.1.9.5) ... Restart and add new device with new driver...

Which version of card u have? And win10 ver???

VoDa

Since I'm still running 1803 I tried a lot after 1809 came out. My card is a S2-4600 connected to USB 2.0 on a Shuttle Barebone.

What is your driver version? Should be exactly as mine (134.439 / 5.1.9.5) or do you find some other? 

Jochen

Ok, again...

• Started with 1803
  • Removed Device Driver, Reboot & Plug Off Device, Removed TerraTec Software
  • Updated 1803 to latest
  • Installed 1903 via Media Creation Tool (to skip 1809)
  • Updated 1903 to latest (including latest function update)

Then

1. Plug-In Device => BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)
  2. Reboot, Install TerraTec Software & Driver, Plug-In Device => anything is fine
  3. Reboot => BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

The same as for the last year. I can't believe that it's the PC hardware because until now the same misbehaviour has been reported all over based on different hardware.

Must confusing is 1. which may lead to the thought that not the driver but Windows itself is the problem: as far as I'm convinced at that time there was NO dedicated driver installed on the system. So the plug in (USB 2) must (?) have been handled by Windows and Windows alone. An no driver fix can fix something which happens just before it is loaded.

Maybe your hardware is connected differently (USB 3, HUB, ...) or the magic is the legacy mode (what ever this is, so far I haven't encountered it) or...

Jochen

• 2 years later...