High GPU usage while CPU decoding

hse

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and it's task manager now shows GPU usage.

I am using LAV and have hardware decoder to use set to none, so it should be doing CPU decoding.

But I am seeing high GPU usage and power draw. Can someone explain what is going on?

Also when I go to run the support tool I get the error "There are no more end points available from the end point mapper"

A5veYDT.png

16 hours ago, hse said:

But I am seeing high GPU usage

Most likely the DVBViewer OSD keeps the GPU busy. But  I wouldn't call 8% a high usage.

16 hours ago, hse said:

Also when I go to run the support tool I get the error "There are no more end points available from the end point mapper"

This error is unknown up to now in the DVBViewer context. Google delivers quite a lot of search result for this phrase, however.

There are 3 instances of DVBViewer running at the same time?? This should not be an intended usage scenario. And there is no hardware decoder selected in LAV filter (Active Hardware Accelerator: <none>)?

7 hours ago, HaraldL said:

There are 3 instances of DVBViewer running at the same time?? This should not be an intended usage scenario. And there is no hardware decoder selected in LAV filter (Active Hardware Accelerator: <none>)?

That is correct, one client for cable, satellite and terrestrial, setting hardware accelerator to none "Should" use CPU instead of GPU, it's also needed for some feeds as Nvidia GPU's cannot decode 4:2:2. I am supprised to see any activity on the GPU.

Hello,

but why? DVBViewer can manage different receivers at the same time. My DVBViewer Pro runs with two DVB-S/S2 USB receiver and two DVB-T2 HD Sticks with only one instance.

Many greetings

Webturtle