CableStar 2 PCI-card?

Hell_Angel

Hello,

I purchased today card as mentioned in description? I've been working on it all day, but haven't got any picture at all. I even don't have signal. Setup4PC is red and says no signal. What's problem? I live in Finland and we have cable connect in our house and it have digital cable signal. I don't have a clue what to do anymore.

Yes, I know the frequencies but how can I set them up manually? I tried to scan, but didn't find anything. QAM is 128, symbolrate 6900 and frequencies between 138-480 Mhz. They said from technisat that it don't support QAM 128, could that be true? Because there is at Setup4PC QAM 16, 32, 64 and 256, only 128 is missing from that list. I would be very grateful of any information for this.

If they are on frequencies not in the transponder ini files try and edit the CableQ128.ini in the DVBViewer Transponders folder and edit the details in there so they match your data and then try and scan inside DVBViewer.

I found when I briefly tested a Cablestar that DVBViewer did not search on the details I entered manually in the channel scan window. Only the ones in the ini file were searched.

QAM 128 should work I belive.

Almost every frequency was there already, but what are those numbers after frequency (ex. 12=130000,4,6900)? I know that 130000 is frequency and 6900 is symbolrate, but what is that number 4? With this setup there is no change, nothing happens.

Hi,

as far as I know, the CableStar2 supports QAM16/32/64 only and there is no support for QAM128/256

Regards,

kaiser.wilhelm2