WinLIRC failed to initialise change config on Sky2

joewil

I have downloaded installation pdf manual for skystar 2 but when it installs I get a message "WInLIRC failed to initialise would you like to change the configuration?"

I clicked yes and changed all the port settings one at a time still no joy.

I have unistalled it tried using DVBViewer TE setup wizard the result is the same.

I have taken a satellite coaxial cable from my Topfield receiver lnb out to the back of SStar2.

When I tried this with tv coaxle cable (using RF out my pc-tv card) out at least I got a picture ( but no sound)

Any help would be welcome

The Winlirc programm is only needed if you use a remote control. It is not needed for the skystar / DVBViewer software to run.

Thanks Lars thats a big relief knowing I dont need it unless using remote control.

It is irritating however having this message come on screen each time I start DVBViewer.

The onlly problem now is yes I can get Video Sat channels but cant get the radio channels why is this?

Many thanks

Guest Lars_MQ
Thanks Lars thats a big relief knowing I dont need it unless using remote control.

It is irritating however having this message come on screen each time I start DVBViewer.

Normaly you can disable the use of winlirc in DVBViewer settings -> Options -> General -> uncheck use winlirc.

The onlly problem now is yes I can get Video Sat channels but cant get the radio channels why is this?

If I remember correctly there was a version with this bug. If you're using the Version for the 4.2.11 Driver, you can download a fix here (Here you find the infos unfortunally only in german). Just replace the DVBViewer.exe in your dir with the one from the patch.zip.

lars