System tray double click issues.

rco133

Hi.

What I am experiencing has been there for a while. I don't recall which version of the Media Server it started to behave like it does, but it is really annoying.

Before I could doubleclick on the icon in the system tray, and it would open the WEB interface.

Now when I double click on the icon is the system tray, it still opens the WEB interface, but it also opens the menu as if I had right clicked on the icon. And sometimes it is close to bloody impossible to get the menu to go away, unless one actually press some option in that menu. And it is kinda annoying. Would be nice if it behaved just like before, when a doble click on the icon just opened the WEB interface and didn't bring up the right click menu as well.

Maybe it is some option that I have missed. It started to happen within the last 2-3 updates of the media server.

Is it possible to get it to work the way it did before?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, and newest versions of DVDviewer and Media Server.

rco133

57 minutes ago, rco133 said:

Now when I double click on the icon is the system tray, it still opens the WEB interface, but it also opens the menu as if I had right clicked on the icon. And sometimes it is close to bloody impossible to get the menu to go away, unless one actually press some option in that menu.

Here the second click of a double-click closes the menu again. Additionally every click on the desktop outside the menu closes it (applies to all system tray menus). Doesn't it on your PC?

You can create a web interface shortcut on your desktop that only responds to double-clicks: Right-click the desktop -> New -> Shortcut -> Enter the web interface address and the shortcut name. After it has been created, right-click the shortcut -> Properties -> click "Change Icon" on the second tab -> Browse -> Navigate to DVBVservice.exe and select it -> click OK to equip the shortcut with the DMS icon.

Hi.

Most of the time the menu disapears if I click somewhere else on the desktop, but sometimes it sticks and I have to click on one of the options in the menu for it to disapear.

I have created a link on my desktop now. Was just so used to just double clicking the system tray icon, and then it kinda started to do different than before.

rco133

Tray icons responding to a left-click is a quite common behaviour under Windows. That's why it has been changed.

However, responding to a double click with a special action seems to be unusual. If it tends to collide with a single left-click, my idea is to rather remove the double click response and let the installer create a web interface desktop icon, so that users get what they know from other software.

Hi.

I never actually thought about how system tray icons behave :-)

On my system I have 7 system tray icons and they behave in all kinds of different ways.

Some of them don't do anything when left clicking, open on doubleclick and shows a menu on right click.

Some opens the programs main screen when left clicking, the same with double clicking and shows a menu when right clicking.

None of the ones I have does the same thing on left and right click though, like media server does.

But I guess there seems to be no real standard of behaviour for system tray icons, when left, right or doublt ckicking on them.

Right click seems to do the same on the ones I have at least. Opening a menu.

rco133