Request to enhance naming of recordings

KaB

Hello,

1) I would like to use something like %episode and %series. I do not see it in "help": http://de.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Optionen_Aufnahmen
2) I would like to change the name "DVBViever Media Server (ServerName) in DLNA. It is too long (there are only small icons on some TVs).

3) I would like to have an option (in setting) to switch names of recording (on Recordings web page and in DLNA) to file names.

4) I would like to change the form of presentation of folders in DLNA. I do not use them (all, by date, by...), so the best way for me is to display all recordings ASAP without these virtual filter-folders. (Allow modification of filter-folder tree in a configuration file would be good enough.)

5) I would like to use %fulldate (with meaning %year-%mm-%dd) and syntax like %fulldate-INT (what could give me a date in the past shifted by number of days).

6) I would like to use %mm, %dd, %hh and %MM to preserve leading zero.
Sugestion are sorted with highest priority on the top.

Thank you very much.
(I buy one more licence of DVBpro and Media Server If you will help me soon. Your SW is very useful. Thanks.)

On 9/17/2020 at 9:57 PM, Griga said:

1) AFAIK %series is supported (but maybe not documented...)

2) Stop the DMS -> Launch DMSTweaker.bat (see program directory) -> DVBViewer Media Server Name

Griga, thank you for tips. DMSTweaker works - I was able to rename the name of DLNA server.

To my request no. 1: unfortunately, %series (in DMS v2.1.6.2) returns just empty string in my case. It does not matter, because I use the name of timer and %name. Most important is the number of  part of th series, what I see in log file as "Episode". Because I need to insert %date between the %series and %episode.

1 hour ago, KaB said:

unfortunately, %series (in DMS v2.1.6.2) returns just empty string in my case.

Was the "Series" field in the timer dialog populated? This is usually the case after using the "Record Series" button in the EPG details window. It prepares everything for automatic series timer creation and shows the settings on the "Search EPG" page, where you can edit the stuff and decide how to continue.

For getting more up-to-date information, click Web Interface -> Links -> Media Server Change Log and let the browser search for "series" (-> Ctrl+F). The change log contains a brief description of everything that has been added or changed in in the past years.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, Griga said:

Was the "Series" field in the timer dialog populated? This is usually the case after using the "Record Series" button in the EPG details window. It prepares everything for automatic series timer creation and shows the settings on the "Search EPG" page, where you can edit the stuff and decide how to continue.

For getting more up-to-date information, click Web Interface -> Links -> Media Server Change Log and let the browser search for "series" (-> Ctrl+F). The change log contains a brief description of everything that has been added or changed in in the past years.

OK, the %series works in case I fill up the appropriate field in timer window. (I do not use auto creation.) But it is not necessary feature, because the name of series is permanent string, so it could be written as text instead of parameter.

I was looking for "episode" in "Media Server Change Log". Thanks for this link. Only three occurrences, unfortunately nothing about %episode. I do not understand why it is not implemented, because there is "episode" as a separate line in the log file.