Limit Recorded title length

Cian

Hi,

Last week I did something funny to the DMS and cleared my preferences. I know that there was some syntax that allowed me to limit the length of the "%event" text used in creating the name of the recording, but I can't find it anywhere with a search.

Can someone remind me please?

Where are the DMS settings are stored/backed up? It would be nice to back this up automatically for myself in future.

Thanks,

Cian.

27 minutes ago, Cian said:

there was some syntax that allowed me to limit the length of the "%event" text used in creating the name of the recording

Maybe %tshort is what you are looking for. Basically there is

%event: programme title (can't be limited)

%title: sub-title (if present)

%tshort: sub-title shortened to 80 characters

28 minutes ago, Cian said:

Where are the DMS settings are stored/backed up?

Most settings are stored in the file service.xml. It is located in the config sub-directory of the configuration folder. Private settings (like passwords) are stored in the file svcuserdata.xml.

And one more follow-up for FreeSat recordings ...

I have selected Start/Stop based on EPG Running Status, but this does not seem to be enabled when I add recordings through the web service. Is there something in the tweaker that I need to change too (EventID handler = 2)?

Could I use an old "support.zip" to restore my DMS settings?

EDIT: Comparing the old and new Service.xml files (2.1.5.2 vs 2.1.7.2) shows that Eventid was set to 2, and that has done the trick.

Edited by Cian