After Full upgrade (DVBViewer Pro, DVBViewer Media Server, XEPG) impossible to watch or record any Channels.

dj_guigui

Hi,

It was a long that i do not upgrade my DVBViewer application so i started to do it today !

Coming to the site, I noticed that the DVBViewer Recording Services module had been replaced by the DVBViewer Media Server! And that it was necessary to upgrade to this version to be compatible with the latest versions of DVBViewer Pro. I also saw that you need to update Xepg to version 7 for it to work.

So I bought a DVBViewer Media Server license and I proceeded with the updates.

First DVBViewer Pro then DVDViewer Media Server and finally XEPG (All at the latest version available).

Now I no longer have access to any channels and the recordings no longer work ...

In DVBViewer, when I click on a channel I get the message: Channel not available from the server.

The only thing that works is the EPG that load correctly.

Can you help me please?

I have some very important recording scheduled for tonight ...

The Media Server can't start your Pinnacle Tuners. It tries, but receives an error message from the underlying Microsoft interface. There is no evidence that this is caused by the RS -> DMS upgrade, because the handling of your tuners hasn't changed significantly.

Were there other changes in your system before or after the upgrade to recent DVBViewer and Media Server versions?

You can try if DVBViewer works when it accesses your tuners directly (not via the Media Server). For this purpose go to Options -> Hardware, untick "Use device" for the two RTSP Network Devices and tick it for the Pinnacle tuners (just for a test, this should not be the normal state).

If there are important recordings to be executed, I would try to use a system restore point for returning to the previous versions, also as countercheck for testing if it really depends on the RS -> DMS change or if something else has happened during this time.

Thanks for your feedback.

There were no changes to the machine.

I made a recording again this morning, then at the end of it I proceeded directly to the upgrade.

I was able to restore the situation with the method which works in 95% of cases and which we do not always think about ... A reboot (-;

Maybe some component of this new versions needs a reboot?
In any case, the setup does not ask for a reboot so...

Everything is working as expected  now so

Thank you very much for your help and have a good day.

4 hours ago, dj_guigui said:

Maybe some component of this new versions needs a reboot?

Not at all. Moreover, the failure happened on the hardware/driver level, not on the application level.