White Level

giorusso

...on my system - WinXPSP2, m/b Asus P48C800 DLX wth P4800 at 2,8Ghz, ATI Radeon Sapphire 9600 128Mb, 1GB DDRam...- I ve one single problem that's quite disturbing: on mostly images the whites are almost always in slight or hard saturation...I've tried by lowering contrast, luminosity, or gamma (in overlay) ...but that's not really efficient correction...the only thing that should work would be a dedicated "slider" I'm afraid.

If anyone has (noticed) the same issue and eventually solutions, please let me know here.

Tnx.

PS: i've a Sony Wega Engine 42" plasma connected through Ati Component converter and component pins on Sony...vga connection on Sony is not worth the vision :D

...on my system - WinXPSP2, m/b Asus P48C800 DLX wth P4800 at 2,8Ghz, ATI Radeon Sapphire 9600 128Mb, 1GB DDRam...- I ve one single problem that's quite disturbing: on mostly images the whites are almost always in slight or hard saturation...I've tried by lowering contrast, luminosity, or gamma (in overlay) ...but that's not really efficient correction...the only thing that should work would be a dedicated "slider" I'm afraid.

If anyone has (noticed) the same issue and eventually solutions, please let me know here.

Tnx.

PS: i've a Sony Wega Engine 42" plasma connected through Ati Component converter and component pins on Sony...vga connection on Sony is not worth the vision  :radscorpion:

you may try ffdshow as a postprocessor - not quite easy to configure - but you have all the options you desire - white and black levels - saturation - better scaling algorithms - a.s.o.

good place to get a better insight is the avs forum :

http://www.avsforum.com

regards

vm

...forget it...it's usefull with pal and with other proggys (works good in Zplayer 4 ex.), but with DVBViewer it's hard to use...and with HDTV even less :radscorpion:

...would be so easy 4 the DVBViewer authors to add such usefull feature o:)

Edited by giorusso