Getting more than two tuners to work at the same time

Flemming Frandsen

I have an Octopus Max A8 with cable TV connection and two CI-cards active. Of some reason DVBViewer Media Server will only use the two first tuners (even though I have only "activated" CI on tuner 7 and 8).
I know it's not a streaming problem as I can stream 4 channels as long as they are on the same frequency as the others - I can actually stream at least 4 channels on ONE tuner (even coded channels).

But as soon as I choose other frequency channels and get above 2 two active tuners the clients for DVBViewer Media Server display: "Can’t play link” (on Android clients). On the DVBViewer software on my PC’s it shows: “Channel not available from server”?
I can use other SATIP players and get them to use tuner 3 and 4 but not DVBViewer Media Server. What am I doing wrong?
I assume it's a CI problem as there is no other logic that explains why it's only TWO channels/tuners? 

I have attached the support.zip. My player is a Octopus Net Max A8i using only DVB-C (C2) with the following firmware:

FW Date 27 Apr 2020 21:38
MAC 54:84:7b:00:5a:42
Linux 3.17.7 armv5tejl
SAT>IP Server 1.1.6
FPGA 307-1.2
Boot ID 34

I hope this helps. 

support.zip

You have configured all 8 RTSP network devices associated with OctopusNet for allocating a CI (see Options -> Hardware -> Settings -> CI assignment), but you have only 2 CI modules. That's why using a third tuner fails with "RTSP/1.0 455 Method Not Valid in This State" (as you can see in the svcdebug.log), because OctopusNet can't fulfil the request. The CI allocation takes place no matter whether a free or an encrypted channel gets tuned.

Solution: Only two RTSP devices must be configured in this way, and only these should have the "Has CI module" option checked.