Creating a manual timer in DMS?

rco133

Hi.

I have just created a manual timer in the DMS, and noticed a difference compared to earlier versions.

It seems like even though I type some in the "Name" field, what gets listed in the timer list will be whatever the EPG has for that time for that channel.

Previously if I made a timer and named it "1", it would also show up as "1" in the timer list. Has this been changed on purpose?

I guess if someone types something in the "Name" field, it is because one wants it to be named that.

At least what I have entered in "Name" is used when the recording gets saved on the disk, but it would be nice, at least for me, if the "Name" would also be used in the recordings list.

Of course if the "Name" field is left blank, the EPG info should be used.

Maybe there is some setting that I haven't found.

Best regards

rco133

vor 36 Minuten schrieb rco133:

It seems like even though I type some in the "Name" field, what gets listed in the timer list will be whatever the EPG has for that time for that channel.

Previously if I made a timer and named it "1", it would also show up as "1" in the timer list. Has this been changed on purpose?

It has been changed purposely. Since version 3.0 the Media Server prefers using EPG data (if available) over user defined timer names. The reason for it can be found in the release notes:

Am 13.12.2020 um 16:50 schrieb hackbart:

Added: Auto-Timer Creation: The Media Server now additionally stores the EPG title and subheading (if available) in each new set of timer data. They appear in the file svctimers.xml as <Title> and <Subheading> elements and are used to check automatically created timers against already existing timers, in order to deactivate duplicates. Previously the timer name was used for this purpose. Since it is composed by default of the EPG title plus “ - “ as separator plus the 50 first characters of the subheading, the check did not work as intended in some cases, because the title and subheading could not be reconstructed from the timer name, particularly if it was changed by the user.

The new elements are also used for displaying the Timers page, thus conforming to what later (after recording) is displayed on the Recordings page.

Hi.

Thanks for the info.

It is not that I don't read the changelog. But often I have no idea what kind of practical changes happens, from what the changelog says.

From what you pasted, I would never have concluded, that I coul no longer manually name what is shown in the recording list.

But as long as the recoding itself is named they way I have chosen, I guess it is ok.

Best regards

rco133