How to solve problems that caused by video bitrate?

Sean99

Hello

My DVB-S2 card is TBS6922 and I record 5 channels (SD channels with 720*576 resolution) at same time without any problem but recently the broadcast increased video bitrate of channels from 3000 to 5000 and after that my problem started.

I can see stuttering and some small freeze in DVBViewer monitor and recorded files, when I take them to video editing programs, I can see some freezes and damages in recorded files.

Can anybody help me? Is it hardware problem or software problem? Which parts or devices of my computer cannot cope with new video bitrate? Which devices are more important for smooth recording with DVB-S2 cards?

I appreciate any help in advance.

Usually recording five streams with 5 MBit/s each (is that what you mean by "5000"?) simultaneously should be no problem, particularly with a PCIe card. However, TBS drivers are known for losing data too easily. So that may be the cause.

For checking whether DVBViewer already receives a corrupted data stream, again start 5 recordings, then play one of the channels live and check if the DVBViewer Filter property page displays an increasing number of discontinuities.

Thanks so much for the reply, there was important note in your text, you said TBS drivers are known for losing data too easily! I thought it is very good card!

So please recommend me one very good DVB-S2 cards, model and brand that work with DVBViewer perfectly?

Unfortunately I am not familiar with DVBViewer Filter, because my DVB-S2 hardware and driver is old so I didn’t upgrade my DVBViewer.

Is there any ways to analyze my system and find the answer of your question?  Do you think changing video codec may help?

Honestly I am looking for an advice or solution that in short time solves my problem and then I will change DVB-S2 card.

Thanks a lot

I changed video Decoder from Cyberlink to LAV filter but didn’t help.  Under Video Renderer I have 4 options, which ones are better?

1- System default Renderer

2- Overlay Mixer

3- VMR7 Video Mixing Renderer

4- VMR9 Video Mixing Renderer

5- EVR Vista Enhanced Video Renderer (experimental)

39 minutes ago, Sean99 said:

I changed video Decoder from Cyberlink to LAV filter but didn’t help.  Under Video Renderer I have 4 options, which ones are better?

Forget it. That can't fix it. Most likely DVBViewer already receives corrupted input, which means, it's a reception/hardware/driver problem, not a playback issue.

4 hours ago, Sean99 said:

Unfortunately I am not familiar with DVBViewer Filter, because my DVB-S2 hardware and driver is old so I didn’t upgrade my DVBViewer.

Even old DVBViewer versions used the DVBViewer Filter. In versions before 5.3.0 the filters sub-menu was located in the view menu.

4 hours ago, Sean99 said:

So please recommend me one very good DVB-S2 cards, model and brand that work with DVBViewer perfectly?

Digital Devices cards are known for good quality. However, they are quite expensive.

21 minutes ago, Griga said:

Forget it. That can't fix it. Most likely DVBViewer already receives corrupted input, which means, it's a reception/hardware/driver problem, not a playback issue.

Even cannot change a little bit! Please tell your choice.

Even old DVBViewer versions used the DVBViewer Filter. In versions before 5.3.0 the filters sub-menu was located in the view menu.

Oh yes I found it, thanks a lot, I ran DVB Sources and took a picture and attached it. Should I do anything else?

Digital Devices cards are known for good quality. However, they are quite expensive.

001.png

23 hours ago, Griga said:

You recommend Digital Device cards and it seems very good and professional and the price is reasonable because I want to use these devices in my job so it worth to pay more for more quality and stability.

But I want to ask you to recommend two or three more well-known brands in this field. I want to have more choices in order to buy a professional DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 that is quite compatible with DVBViewer.

Thanks a lot

DVBSky and Hauppauge may also be worth looking at. Devices from both companies are working well here with DVBViewer.

You also may want to consider a Sat>IP server like this one (price about 100,- €), that gets connected to your router. DVBViewer fully supports Sat>IP. The advantage is the indenpendence from Windows 10 feature updates after which devices / drivers sometimes don't work anymore. And with suitable apps you can watch TV everywhere within the coverage of your home network / WLAN, even with your mobile phone.

Sticking to DVB cards does not not exclude Sat>IP, because the DVBViewer Media Server (19,- €) is able to work as Sat>IP server and distribute TV in your home network.

However, nobody can tell what will work best in your environment. It always depends on how things come together. Even with a good Sat>IP server you may get discontinuities if some network component can't handle it properly. So in the end you have to try...

Thanks Griga

How many channels I can record in this way (Sat-IP server) at the same time? And can I store files directly on Desktop computer?

You know we record some channels from one frequency simultaneously and then edit them for our clients. So stability and quality is very important for me and I want to have files in my computer directly so because of that I use DVB-S2 PCIe but if there is better device and solution, I don’t wait and I will change it.

Appreciate your help in advance.

On 6/24/2021 at 5:08 PM, Sean99 said:

How many channels I can record in this way (Sat-IP server) at the same time? And can I store files directly on Desktop computer?

As far as it concerns DVBViewer, there is no limitation and no difference to using a DVB card. A Sat>IP server is just a remote tuner, that is not located in your PC, but somewhere else, and connected over a network.

As far as it concerns servers, the maximum number of streams (PIDs) and the maximum output data rate may be limited. Some years ago (2013) we encountered a server that was limited to 26 streams. That would be enough for 5 simultaneous recordings with video and two audio tracks each, but may cause trouble if additionally teletext and DVB subtitles are included.

A server with a 100 MBit LAN connection should be able to deliver 5 channels with 5 MBit each. However, 5 simultaneous HDTV recordings with 12 MBit video each could already be too much.

Digital Devices also offers Sat>IP servers (with GBit LAN).