Best Tuner Settings for M3U files

Cian

Hi,

Some of my IPTV channels don't have the most reliable streams and many of the recordings fail because of this. What might be the optimum settings to help the system cope best with these interruptions? I'm particularly thinking of the three options: Remove Clock Reference, Ignore PTS Discontinuities and Play as File.

I'm not sure what these parameters do, and so don't know how they will affect the reliability of the recordings.

Thanks,

C.

11 minutes ago, Cian said:

Remove Clock Reference, Ignore PTS Discontinuities

Useful if wrong timing information in the stream spoils playback,

12 minutes ago, Cian said:

Play as File.

Should only be used if the source is a file with limited duration, not for live streams.

An important setting for resuming a stream after connection loss (or for repeated connection attempts if the server doesn't reply) is Options -> Hardware -> Retune on missing stream after... for TS Stream devices. However, the default is already a retune after 5 seconds.

Usually (virtual) TS Stream Devices don't appear in the device list, because they are created internally on demand. But you can insert them in the list if you want to tweak their settings, e.g. the connection timeout, that specifies how long DVBViewer waits for a server reply before it gives up.