• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• turntoyou

• admi-ral

• yaRincewind

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It´s like the VisionDTV PCI-CI (Modell 1030C)!

I´ve just been looking in the UK, and there the price was about 115 Pounds.

DVBShop is selling it for 89€, but only a few are in stock.

This sounds very very interresting.

Something completly different:

Does anybosy know, if there is a low profile "kartenblende", for using the SS2 in a low profile pc case?

thanks for the link. The driver fixed a couple of problems i had with older drivers.

Christian

Am i right that Support for the new Skystar 1 Ci is not available for the public
not yet but soon :D

I hope really soon, do we speak about days or weeks? I used DVBViewer with my SS2 and i was really satisfied with this peace of software. Unfortenately with encryption of euro1080 i had to change to twinhan and i am missing DVBViewer since then. Is there a possibility to get a beta or so?

thanks

turntoyou

thanks for the link. The driver fixed a couple of problems i had with older drivers.

Christian

I'm glad i helped a bit... :)

Compared to skystar 2 , do you think the skystar 1CI is better in HDTV??? (I'm interested in HDTV mainly...)

I know it's a completely different chip, I already have a skystar 2 with a motorized dish, but i'm looking for an official card solution for HD1 and since there is no official CI for skystar2 (as of yet) i'm tempted of buying a Skystar 1CI and an irdeto cam...

Do you think that Skystar 1CI will be the successor of Skystar2 ???

soo many questions. Well the Skystar2 (resp. Flexcop) is almost one of the last cards at this price region who offers hardware filters. The conexant cards does not have such a thing so everything must be filtered by software which consumes time on slow computers. I guess the skystar2 should be first choice since the tuner seems to be a bit better. By the way the Skystar1 CI solution currently runs without any problem - there is just one thing which causes me some headache, but i guess it is just the CAM module.

I'm pretty unsure if it is a legal solution to record HD1 by using a valid subscription. Nevertheless it does not sound too much illegal :)

Christian

soo many questions. Well the Skystar2 (resp. Flexcop) is almost one of the last cards at this price region who offers hardware filters. The conexant cards does not have such a thing so everything must be filtered by software which consumes time on slow computers. I guess the skystar2 should be first choice since the tuner seems to be a bit better. By the way the Skystar1 CI solution currently runs without any problem - there is just one thing which causes me some headache, but i guess it is just the CAM module.

I'm pretty unsure if it is a legal solution to record HD1 by using a valid subscription. Nevertheless it does not sound too much illegal ;)

Christian

Thank you for the quick reply....

I too was under the impression that the Flexcop chip is better, now that i hear it from you too I'm sure... :)

The Euro1080 company,in their "How to purchase a CA Card?" document clearly state that you can use their card in a pc with a satellite card with ci and an irdeto cam :

"Those who would like to see Euro1080 via their PC, not only need a CA Card, but also a CAM module (IRDETO)."

, so I don't think there is any legal problem viewing and recording their program in a pc.... ;)

Edited by deliol

fine - i just have had the german premiere company in mind which does not like to see this in common. I guess the biggest problem are the content provider who just want to avoid people creating digital copies that easy :)

Christian

@hackbart

For HD-1 it is legal regarding there contract. I am looking forward the new version of DVBViewer which support skystar 1 CI and i hope it is coming up soon. What kind of problems do you have with your CI Module? If it helps i am testing the alphacrypt TC CAM and may be i may some testing for you.

turntoyou

Guest Oliver

Let me add something: Violation of a treaty is not illegal. There may be consequences between the parties, but that's all.

Bye, Oliver

@Oliver: Good to know to have you on board :)

About the problem: I tested my Premiere subscription with my Alphacrypt CAM and somehow the stream freezes on P1-7 a couple of times within an hour. After this time the card does no longer send any transportstreams. This does not happen on channels like SciFi, Start or FTA.

Christian

Wasn't it so that they change the key quiet often. Maybe your freeze is caused by this.

Wasn't it so that they change the key quiet often. Maybe your freeze is caused by this.

I am not sure but it has probably to do something with changing keys. The problems i have is that if i start my dvb program on hd-1 (encrypted) the decryption not always work. This happend already many times and especially the scheduled recordings were left encrypted on disc. this is very annoying. The only that helps was to reenter hd-1 again, but this works only when you are at home.

turntoyou

Hallo,

at K&M | Onlineshop | Multimedia | TV-Karten

Twinhan (Retail) Vision DTV SAT-CI PCI 85,64 EUR

MfG Engelbert

PS.

Wenn man die Abbildungen der Karten ansieht (Technisat.com ! und TwinHan) ist das Hardware-Layot nicht identisch - verschiedenen Hardware-Versionen?

DVBshop.net verkauft eine TwinHan-Karte - Modell 1030C, für 59,90, die der TechniSat-Karte zu gleichen scheint.

Also vorsichtshalber abwarten!

Edited by Engelbert

Is my interpretation of the search result correct - TwinhanDTV Sat-CI is NOT supported yet ?

My screen remains dark - other programs work.

Did I miss something ?

Tnx

and it works quite good. The only headache i have is caused by twinhans nasty non downward compatible driver solutions.

Christian

and it works quite good. The only headache i have is caused by twinhans nasty non downward compatible driver solutions.

Christian

The newest driver is now 2.4.1.0 and with new thsource.ax. There seem to be a lot of changes. For example with winstb and the new thsource.ax the recordings are zero bytes long. :sadwalk:

turntoyou

Actually, it's 2.602.

Bye, Oliver

You are probably not right, i think you mean Twinhan dtv is 2.60.2 but the drivers are 2.4.1.1. mI still wait for a 3.01 DVBViewer (Beta?) so i can test myself

turntoyou

twinhan does some weird things with their driver-versions. if you install 2.602, the device-manager in windows shows up v. 2.4.... :sadwalk: but the 2.602 should work (with DVBViewer 3.01) :bounce:

It's just great that DVBViewer will also support winhanDTV Sat-CI. Maybe now I dont need no other dvb software on my computer.

I have both Airstar2 and TwinhanDTV Sat-CI in my computer.

Will it be possible with this new version that supports also

SS1-CI/TwinhanDTV Sat-CI cards to use both cards?

E.g. will it possible to record with both cards at the same time?

Do you have a release date planned for this new version?

Tia,

kookoo

Well you can use both cards, but right now not inside the same program. We plan something like this, but till then a few other modifications has to be done.

I originally planned to update the release this week, but since there are still two problems with XML Parser and DVB Subtitles in Sweden/Finnland/Norway.

I hope to upload an update next week ;)

Christian

Hi there,

I just installed 3.1 and the first things I found was a bug:

the extended exit menu on pressing the powerbutton on the winlirc does not work!

the normal shutdown menu appears but without any description:

menu.jpg

anything else is fine so far

servus,

daflory

Hi,

i found a bug. I have 3.0 installed. But i think the bug also existing in 3.1.

If you delet the folder you save in your records, DVBViewer doesn't bring an error or something like this. DVBViewer won't save the records.

Greets

Asgard

Hi,

In this case \DVBViewer\capture should be used. Did you check this folder?

no i haven' checked it. Now i've checked it. But theres nothing in (except a dummy.txt)

Greets

Asgard

Edited by Asgard
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a Windows XP with SP-2 and a Skystar 2 Satellite Card. While my DVBViewer Pro 3.1 works perfect in my PC. The new DVBViewer 3.1.2 crashes when i open the OPTIONS menu and changes something.

I also can't view any channel from my favorite channel list.

The program crashes whatever i do.

Thanx.

Try deleting the setup.xml and start over.

Just deleting the setup.xml didn't work on my system. :D

Even the whole OSD didn't work at all. (Settings-OSDMenu:No entries)

For what reason ever... ;)

The prog was still hanging up, so I had to install to a new directory. :)

However, I managed to save my settings (keyboarrd, winlirc, news and so on)

by playing the good old Copy/Paste-Game between both setup.xml's

and by copying the favourites.xml. :)

By the way, when trying to set the device inside the DirectX-Tab

to "Skystar2 (Compatible)", the prog still hangs. After restart, the

Reception-percentage-bar (whow, what a word) says always 0%.

But believe me: when you've got it running, you'll love it! ;)

Edited by darkside