generate VDR cut´s

yaRincewind

Oh no, it´s me again with strange wishes :radscorpion:

I´d like to do the file conversion automatically, so I don´t have to leave this beautifull OSD of the 3.0 version.

Would it be possible (perhaps a plugin?) that can generate cut-markers in VDR style?

Hä? What does he want?

After a recording is finished, mainly 3 things need to be made:

1. Demux

2. Cut

3. Remux

=> either a mpeg file, or a dvd disc image is on the computer.

For Nero being able to use these MPEGs to generate a DVD with little trouble, a mpeg file is enough, a DVD image is not necessary.

ProjectX can cut and demux. So I have to use ProjektX (seperate application) and than some software (like IFOEdit) to get the 2 files (video and audio) back to either 1 file or a DVD image.

Now my idea:

If it would be possible to set VDR markers for cutting, all can be done with PVA-Strumento, commandline.

Demux, Cut, and generating a PS, with *.mpg at the end. That´s all.

Without having to use other programms with their own GUI.

Thanks

Rince

PS:

Hope anybody understood what I mean?

I understand and i've also problems.

I use PVAStrumento to demux and cuttermaran to cut and PVAStrumento is not able to remux (or im to silly).

With Mainconcept.MPEGEncoder I can remux but in the free version there is a logo in the screen and I'm ready /in the situation to pay 180 Euro for the full version.

I also tried TMPGEnc.MPEG Tools and it generates one file but the timecode in WinMediaPlayer, WinAMP, WinMovieMake and also in DVBViewer is bad. A film with a durration of 1:20 is shown in all at 0:28

If this wish is solving my problems, too, I like to have it.

If its a lot work to do it, I'm ready to pay another fee (5 to 15 Euro)for the Viewer.

As I see there are over 30.000 downloads in the first 10 hours of 3.0 and only 10 % of them are ready to do so, it seems enough money to do stuff

Guest Lars_MQ

I thought a lot about the cuttingmarks.

The biggest problem is to navigate from one i-frame to the other (vdr also sets it's marks only on i-frames) in both directions to get a precise cut. If there is a solution for this problem, the rest is quite simple.

lars

I´m a complet nOOb programming naything but batch processes ;)

What about having either a look in the VDR code, or what about asking the author of mpeg2schnitt? Perhaps he could help a little bit, cause mpeg2schnitt also cut´s on I-frames only I think?

Update

The quellcode of mpeg2schnitt is also publik on the authors homepage. So perhaps one could use the I-frame part of the code?

Edited by yaRincewind