EPG Information file

PaulD

Hello,

I am using Media Server to record from DVB-T tuners on a schedule basis and I have a weird problem.

Last week I had a power outage and the PC running the Media Server has rebooted. After that, I have txt files (one for every channel) with the EPG information. 

I see both checkboxes in webinterface > configuration > recorder AND tray icon > configure with admin rights > recordings > create EPG information file unchecked (btw what's the difference between them?).

I also updated to the latest version 3.1.1.0 but didn't change anything. I also rebooted several times and tried to check/uncheck above checkboxes (with a server stop/start every time) but still nothing changed.

Any ideas on why this happened all of a sudden and how I can stop it?

An example of the files I have:

[General]
Version=1.1

[Media]
Created=12.08.2021 12:54:16
Channel=OPEN BEYOND

[0]
Id=7985
Date=12.08.2021
Time=09:50:00
Duration=03:10:00
Title=[K8] Kalokairi #Not
Info=
Description=Kalokairi #Not.|Minimum age: gbr 8, gre 8
Charset=255
Content=0
MinimumAge=8
TimerID={9FF5D6A3-0ABC-4F97-8520-24E777B712ED}

Edited by PaulD
2 hours ago, PaulD said:

Last week I had a power outage and the PC running the Media Server has rebooted. After that, I have txt files (one for every channel) with the EPG information. 

I see both checkboxes in webinterface > configuration > recorder AND tray icon > configure with admin rights > recordings > create EPG information file unchecked

The power outage has probably damaged your recording database (C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Database\SvcDatabase.db3), so that the DMS can't write to it anymore. In this case it creates EPG information files even if the checkbox is unchecked. It can be seen in the file svcdebug.log.

The EPG information files are a kind of external database backup. They allow to recreate the database if it gets damaged by performing a databse update (see Tasks page). All recordings without database entry and without EPG information file are only mere video files for the DMS, which means, they will never show up in the list of recordings again.

For a test, stop the DMS, move SvcDatabase.db3 to another location (it will be recreated automatically), restart the DMS and perform a test recording. Or attach a support.zip.