subtitle popup always empty with MKV

willoriker

i use DVBViewer for years y i never have problems, i always find the right combination of filters, codec  and other, but a few days ago i discover that my mkv movies (BR) , inlcude subtiles, i necver doubt when i find subtitles popup empty , because i never have reason for doubt, but aa few day a go  i open one mkv file with "movies app w10 " and, surprise!! i lot af subtitles, forced and not. i modified my combination off codec, lav, haali, svfilter, but no diference.

any suggestion???

tx in advance

Make sure that the following DirectShow components are installed:

• LAV Filters
  • ffdshow and/or VSFilter

In DVBViewer go to Settings -> Options -> Playback Components -> Presets. Tick

• "MKV with LAV Filters + ffdshow subtitles filter"

or

• "MKV subtitles with LAV Filters + VSFilter"

Click Apply and play the MKV file. Please note that you may need to activate subtitles (or certain kinds of subtitles) on the property page of the subtitle filter: While playback is going on, go to Settings -> Filters -> select the subtitle filter -> adjust the settings to your needs.

I think the problem lies somewhere else, because I too,  never used vsfilter or ffdshow and everything worked Ok.

I have the same problem and let me explain:

"Lav splitter" v0.75 sees all the subtitle streams(subrip) that are included in an mkv, but DVBViewer subtitles menu is always "none".

Now, If I add an external srt subtitle file then DVBViewer sees it and I can choose it.

Testing the same mkv file with vlc and mpc only with the included subtitles, both see all the substreams...

(but mpc uses lav splitter 0.72) 

7 hours ago, dgian said:

If I add an external srt subtitle file then DVBViewer sees it and I can choose it.

DVBViewer supports external SRT subtitles natively. The same applies to subtitles in TS files (like DVB and Teletext subtitles). That's why it works without additional DirectShow filters.

However, DVBViewer does not contain native MKV support, so playback requires a third party splitter filter that understands this format (LAV or Haali) plus filters, that are able to process and display embedded subtitles.