Broken playback of m3u8 iptv based channels

hse

Hello, When I try and add m3u8 hls stuff into DVBViewer it cannot play them back correctly

I will get a few frames come through occasionally and very broken audio. When I play back

the same m3u8's in a web browser they work fine, please see my youtube upload for an

example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ZukfefvQ8

My m3u8's are in the following format.

#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-VERSION:3
#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:87655
#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:8
#EXTINF:7.320,
nhk-87655.ts
#EXTINF:7.640,
nhk-87656.ts
#EXTINF:6.480,
nhk-87657.ts
#EXTINF:5.920,
nhk-87658.ts
#EXTINF:5.000,
nhk-87659.ts
#EXTINF:5.000,
nhk-87660.ts

Is it possible to fix this?

support.zip

vor einer Stunde schrieb hse:

My m3u8's are in the following format.

Useless. The HLS URLs that you are using would have been much more informative. Since one of them appears in your YouTube video

https://nhk1.mov3.co/hls/nhk.m3u8

I could try it myself. Unfortunately the data rate currently arriving here (in Germany) from the Japanese Colombian server is too low, so the channel is played with a lot of interruptions, in both DVBViewer and the browser (Firefox with Native MPEG Dash and HLS Playback add-on).

Additionally it seems that the stream contains broken time stamps, which are deadly for DirectShow based players like DVBViewer. You may want to try the "Ignore PTS discontinuities" and/or "Remove clock reference" options in the DVBViewer Channel Editor (change them -> Apply -> re-select the channel). Particularly the first one seems to enhance playback, so that the NHK stream is at least working temporarily here.

Since playback of other HLS streams is working pretty well, I don't think that it is a general DVBViewer issue.

P.S. From your SystemInfo.txt:

Zitat

DVBViewer Version: 6.1.6.1

Please update to the current release (7.1.2.1), because it contains several fixes and enhancements for HLS playback.

Zitat

Public Firewall Profile is active

Most likely wrong. Your PC is configured for a public network (like a public WLAN hotspot), which implies several firewall restrictions that are unnecessary for a private (home) network, provided your PC is working behind a router.