Help with IPTV & EPG

cleggy

I have purchased DVBViewer pro.I have it for use with my Happauge TV Tuner and that works great and gives the epg automatic.I have 3 IPTV suppliers that provide urls for both m3u playlist and epg xml.I have added the m3u playlists ok and the channels play ok.My problem is i get no epg for the iptv playlists.Is there any way to add the epg urls to DVBViewer please.I have tried xpeg but cant get it to work correct to give epg.So my question is that if i purchase the DVB media server pro can i add epg urls directly in the media server and it will give and load  IPTV epg for the channels automatic in DVBViewer.I have the free DBV media server but that does not allow adding epg urls.Please do not say use epg buddy and xpeg as i cant work them out.Thanks i just need to get my iptv to be able to get epg guide

vor 9 Stunden schrieb cleggy:

Is there any way to add the epg urls to DVBViewer

No. There is no such (native) functionality. DVBViewer can only receive DVB-compatible EPG data that is part of the IPTV stream. The same applies to the DVBViewer Media Server.

So importing EPG data is the only possibility, or with other words, using Xepg. However, it depends on the format of the provided EPG data. AFAIK it can be processed If the provider adheres to the XMLTV standard. If he is using some proprietary format, an additional converter would be required.

Maybe @Delphi can say more about it...

many thanks for your reply and help.That gives me the info i need.not exactly what i wanted to hear tho.So its not going to alter if i purchased the media server.I will just have to use an online guide instead to see whats on as the epg guide