PRoblem connecting locally to Media Server

fluffybunnyuk

Media Servers been running fine for years.

Upgraded to DVBViewer 7.2.1.0, and now get this problem.

Firewall is fine. DVBViewer doesnt recognise or find my media server.

Any ideas how to fix. localhost, and private ip addresses doesnt work.

problem.jpg

I already went through the support.zip with a fine tooth comb. Not sure what its going to tell you, it doesnt tell me.

Since it happened ONLY after a DVBViewer update it points to something that changed in DVBViewer/media server internally.

I'm using plex in the meantime which makes me really sad.

support.zip

vor einer Stunde schrieb fluffybunnyuk:

Not sure what its going to tell you, it doesnt tell me

Because it seems you did NOT run DVBViewer/DMS in debug mode as requested. You better also put DMS in debug mode first: click the DMS icon in system tray - configure server - enable "write debug log". After that start DVBViewer not the usual way but from start menu by the special "debug mode" entry. Then both DMS and DVBViewer write detailed logs what happened, now try to reproduce the problem. Then use support tool again to get a new zip with this debug info.

But perhaps Griga can already see from support.zip above if something is wrong in your config.

Which version did you use before updating?

What I see in your support.zip:

1. Logging is disabled in the Media Server - see Media Server options (svcoptions.exe) -> General -> Logging. This creates unfavourable conditions for getting support in this forum.
  2. You didn't reproduce the issue in the DVBViewer Debug Mode before creating the support.zip, as advised here. This again creates unfavourable conditions for getting support in this forum.
  3. The RTSP (Sat>IP) Server unit of the DVBViewer Media Server is disabled - see Media Server options (svcoptions.exe) -> RTSP Server. That's why DVBViewer can't find it.
  4. DVBViewer is not configured for using the Media Server. It accesses the Cinergy 2400i DT Tuners directly. That's why you get the warning shown in the screenshot above. Please use the Media Server wizard after activating the RTSP server.
  5. Your firewall settings are at least questionable. It remains unclear if your PC is configured for a private or a public network:

Zitat

Private Firewall Profile is active
Public Firewall Profile is active

DVBViewer and the Media Server usually don't work properly in a public network (e.g. if the PC accesses a public WLAN hotspot), because the firewall prevents it for security reasons. For a home network behind a router "private" is the appropriate choice. Please read more about it here.