Black screen when streaming but recording plays in VLC

F M

I recently installed a DVB S2 card and can stream channels through some clients but not others.

It was suggested that I download a version of DVBViewer demo to see if I can understand what was going on.

I have installed DVBViewer this morning, and I get the same issue. When playing a channel, the counter is moving but the screen is black. If I record the channel even though the screen is black and there is no audio, the recording plays back fine on VLC player but not in DVBViewer.

I would like to upgrade to the full version of DVBViewer but first I would really like to understand why it’s not playing back. I have a Hauppauge DVB-s2 card.

One bit of extra information………….. if I watch the channels through the next PVR browser it plays fine. If I stream the channel through Kodi I need to transcode the channel down to 720 otherwise I get a black screen.

I cannot stream the channel the next PVR fat client or in DVBViewer.

Ideally, I would like to be able to stream through DVBViewer.

Any help would be great

11 minutes ago, F M said:

I recently installed a DVB S2 card and can stream channels through some clients but not others.

It was suggested that I download a version of DVBViewer demo to see if I can understand what was going on.

I have installed DVBViewer this morning, and I get the same issue. When playing a channel, the counter is moving but the screen is black. If I record the channel even though the screen is black and there is no audio, the recording plays back fine on VLC player but not in DVBViewer.

I would like to upgrade to the full version of DVBViewer but first I would really like to understand why it’s not playing back. I have a Hauppauge DVB-s2 card.

One bit of extra information………….. if I watch the channels through the next PVR browser it plays fine. If I stream the channel through Kodi I need to transcode the channel down to 720 otherwise I get a black screen.

I cannot stream the channel the next PVR fat client or in DVBViewer.

Ideally, I would like to be able to stream through DVBViewer.

Any help would be great

In the link below is a dump of the analysis and a TS file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f4MJDpOwyUh2pjIAM8ihqqpGzi1WNV4T?usp=sharing

vor 4 Stunden schrieb F M:

What do you mean by "stream through"? Just play the channels?

I have installed DVBViewer this morning, and I get the same issue. When playing a channel, the counter is moving but the screen is black.

From your files I guess that you have tried to play BBC SD channels from Astra 28.2 East, particularly BBC One E Mid on 10788 V. I can receive this satellite position too. No problem here with DVBViewer. However, for SD channels an MPEG2 Video Decoder is required, that Microsoft does not provide anymore since Windows 8. For DVBViewer it is recommendable to Install the LAV Filters. Use the installer and make sure that the selection includes the X86 versions, because DVBViewer is a 32 bit application.

In the link below is a dump of the analysis and a TS file

That's a good example for how to not record a channel. The TS file only contains the mere video stream, no audio and no service information, that is usually part of a complete and playable TS file. DVBViewer is clever enough to play it anyway, but other players may fail completely.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Griga:

What do you mean by "stream through"? Just play the channels?

Just play the channels

From your files I guess that you have tried to play BBC SD channels from Astra 28.2 East, particularly BBC One E Mid on 10788 V. I can receive this satellite position too. No problem here with DVBViewer. However, for SD channels an MPEG2 Video Decoder is required, that Microsoft does not provide anymore since Windows 8. For DVBViewer it is recommendable to Install the LAV Filters. Use the installer and make sure that the selection includes the X86 versions, because DVBViewer is a 32 bit application.

i am using LAV Filters

That's a good example for how to not record a channel. The TS file only contains the mere video stream, no audio and no service information, that is usually part of a complete and playable TS file. DVBViewer is clever enough to play it anyway, but other players may fail completely.

i have disconetted my PC today to decorate and it will be offline for 1 week but if you can explain how to get a full TS file i will do this when my PC is reconnected. Do you know if the Hauppague DVB-S2 HD  is good enough bow. the dirivers i am using are dated 2012 so i think these are the only ones i can find

Edited by Griga
Moved replies out of quoting sections
vor 13 Stunden schrieb F M:

but if you can explain how to get a full TS file i will do this when my PC is reconnected.

Just start a recording in DVBViewer.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb F M:

Do you know if the Hauppague DVB-S2 HD  is good enough

There are several Hauppauge DVB-S2 devices. Please create and attach a support.zip. It will tell me more about your configuration, DVB hardware, installed filters etc.

7 hours ago, Griga said:

There are several Hauppauge DVB-S2 devices. Please create and attach a support.zip. It will tell me more about your configuration, DVB hardware, installed filters etc.

Thank you i will do this in a couple of weeks time as im away with work

On 3/4/2022 at 11:04 AM, Griga said:

Hi Griga. in the link below are the support.zip file and another recording. Thanks 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f4MJDpOwyUh2pjIAM8ihqqpGzi1WNV4T?usp=sharing

Edited by F M
21 hours ago, F M said:

Fixed with Driver. Thanks

does anybody know what this means

13.03.22 12:59:30.021 USceneRender         issuing WM_DEVICELOST
13.03.22 12:59:30.560 USceneRender         issuing WM_DEVICELOST
13.03.22 15:08:47.802 USceneRender         issuing WM_DEVICELOST
13.03.22 15:09:03.081 USceneRender         issuing WM_DEVICELOST